• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Non-Core Base Class (Redux)

Favorite Classes

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Let's see... artificer, ninja, psion, psychic warrior (love these guys), scout, swashbuckler, warlock, wilder.

So I'm an accepting person.

Demiurge out.

archastrel

First Post
Forgive my ignorance. Can someone tell me what book Warlock (CoAr) is from and what book Scout (CoAd) is from? Since they're receiving such high praise, I'd like to see what they look like.

Thanks

Felon

First Post
archastrel said:
Forgive my ignorance. Can someone tell me what book Warlock (CoAr) is from and what book Scout (CoAd) is from? Since they're receiving such high praise, I'd like to see what they look like.

I'm surprised you can't extrapolate from the abbreviations, but they're in the The Complete Arcane and The Complete Adventurer, respectively.

Folks like the warlock because A) he has a unique mechanic that grants him spell-like powers instead of actual spells, and B) he appeals to the dark, demons-n'-undead-loving goth types that seem to populate this board heavily. :D

The scout is popular mainly because it addresses a major complaint aboutt the ranger: the scout has no spell-like or supernatural abilities whatsoever. It also has a "skirmish" ability that makes it an effective mobile combatant. That's something D&D sorely needs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads