• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Non-Core Base Class (Redux)

Favorite Classes

Gez

First Post
Little problem, I don't know how it appeared, but the second Favored Soul (the one between Healer and Marshall) is supposed to read "Hexblade (CoWa)"... If a mod/admin can correct that...

Felon

First Post
Also, you spelled "marshal" with an extra "L". Of course, everybody else spells it like that except for the guy who originally wrote the class in the Minis Handbook, so I guess it's forgivable.

Gez

First Post
Felon said:
Also, you spelled "marshal" with an extra "L". Of course, everybody else spells it like that except for the guy who originally wrote the class in the Minis Handbook, so I guess it's forgivable.

I blame George Catlett Marshall. :p

Well, at least, I didn't spell it Martial, as many people do. I've often seen the martial/marshal confusion (e.g., courtmarshal instead of courtmartial).

Turanil

First Post
Your poll is flawed. It allows poster like myself, to vote while they don't know all these classes. I voted Psion (that I much like), but ExPsi is the only book of the list that I know and have read. :\

Aus_Snow

First Post
Yeah scout! C'mon, you can do it.

Voted for Psion and PsyWar too, here.

Incidentally, Gez (Mr. / Ms. OP), I wish you'd included the classes from OA rather than (or as well as?) the ah. . . (--not a suitable word--) versions in the 'Complete' range. I'm not having a go or anything; more like *sigh* as opposed to grr.

Andor

First Post
I voted for the Artificer, but my actual favorite non-core base class isn't listed. In fact it's explicitly excluded. IE: The OA/Rokugan version of the Samurai.

I love that class. It portrays exactly what it means to portray. It's flexible. It shows what a feudal lord ought to look like skill-wise far better than the fighter. And it's a terrific starting place to mod-up a local variant class for a feudal lord or military leader. Want one of Arthurs Knights? Change the Ancestral Daisho to a Long Sword and Lance, write up his list of bonus feats, possibly tinker with the skill list a bit and done. Maybe 10-15 min of work. Try and do that with the fighter and you'll be there all day.

Remove ads