• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite System that Never Caught On

SpiralBound

Explorer
Anyone remember "Skyrealms of Jorune"? I was always intrigued by the ads for it in Dragon Magazine, but never knew anyone who knew anything about it. I often wondered if it was a fun game or not, then after a few years it disappeared...

TheAuldGrump

First Post
SpiralBound said:
Anyone remember "Skyrealms of Jorune"? I was always intrigued by the ads for it in Dragon Magazine, but never knew anyone who knew anything about it. I often wondered if it was a fun game or not, then after a few years it disappeared...
Nope, it is still around, at least sort of. :)

The setting is the best part in my opinion, the system isn't bad, just not outstanding. I do hope that a full version comes back into print, the fact that it got killed by a buggy desktop publisher is a real shame. :(

The Auld Grump

HeinorNY

First Post
The Lord of the Rings version of the CODA system. Man... I really wanted this game to achieve success. I've never created so much expectation for a game than i did for LOTR RPG from decipher. I really hope all the responsables for its failure die a painful and prolongued death.

Dire_Pug

First Post
Darkwolf445 said:
Star Frontiers, pre Zebulon's Guide

Oh man, that sure does bring back the memories. That is one game that I wish I got to play more of. We only played through the intro adventure but I really had a blast.

GRIMJIM

First Post
Silhouette - scalable very nicely and I love the wound mechanism - though a touch more granularity would be nice.

HeroQuest

Savage Worlds - I really think they should have just open-licensed this.

librarius_arcana

First Post
ainatan said:
The Lord of the Rings version of the CODA system. Man... I really wanted this game to achieve success. I've never created so much expectation for a game than i did for LOTR RPG from decipher. I really hope all the responsables for its failure die a painful and prolongued death.

That is by far the prettiest game I've ever seen ;)

DJCupboard

Explorer
For systems I really miss playing TSR's non-SAGA Marvel (don't know what the system was called or when it was released, but it was the one that had the FASERIP stats), it was so easy to be mindlessly over the top in that game.

Not a system, but a setting I wish had caught on was Engel. Distributed by Art Haus, it was the perfect mariage of d20 mechanics and a great almost WoD setting. The only thing I didn't like (besides not finding players) was the second tier of angelic power skills that you had to buy with the same skill points as the rest of your skills.

Acid_crash

First Post
Mine is Alternity, hands down.

IMHO, the best dice mechanic system ever devised that could represent many possible situation modifications with as easy as it was. I don't know all of the Indie games published so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but to me it's the best.

Alternity deserves another chance at life.

Somebody should compile the most talked about games on this thread, including Alternity of course ;) and post them up as a poll so everybody can vote.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads