Fear The Walking Dead-episode 1

Well it looks like military cohesion has fallen apart, as we saw two soldiers decided to say "screw this" and go to San Diego. I'll have more after my classes tomrrow

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Never underestimate stupid. The problem that I have with the characters, no common sense and a lack of learning for self survival. Sure, they are all in denial and think all will fix itself but they have yet to think anything through.

What they should know by now:
  • Infection rate - how many kids were out of school, just doing a head count on their block.
  • What happens to the infected and the dead - they have seen it more than once.
  • What the dead want to do to them - they have seen it more than once.

I am not sure the first will be so clear - a lot of people will have been staying home out of fear. They don't have very good information.

What they should be getting from the above:
  • That they are out numbered anywhere from 6 up to 9 to 1. Odds are this has not sunk in yet but it should be.
  • There is not enough uninfected to support the world they lived in. Odds are this has not sunk in yet.
  • They need to stay away or hit the dead in the head. They just have to build up the nerve for this.
  • Know what the rules for Marshall Law are.

They won't know the rules of martial law unless those imposing it *tell* them the rules, and stick to the rules. It seems like there's been a bit of a loss of discipline, such that the rules may be more like guidelines....

Remove ads