• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat Bonus

Jcosby

First Post
Ok, well I just figured out they added a new type keyword. "Feat".

Example:

Dwarven Weapon Training: [Dwarf]
Prereq: Dwarf
Benefit: You gain proficiency and a +2 "feat bonus" to damage rolls with axes and hammers.

Weapon Focus:
Prereq: None
Benefit: Choose a specific weapon group, such as spears or heavy blades. You gain a +1 "feat bonus" to damage rolls with your chosen weapon group. At 11th level, this bonus increases to a +2. At 21st level, it increases to +3.

Sigh... Bonus of like name never stack making many feats useless... Why did they do this?

Dwarven Weapon Training is pretty much useless. You can give a non fighter class the ability to use military axes, that's about it. Sure it's +2 right off the bat but by 11th level it's the same as Weapon Focus.. and will be surpassed by 21st level. Remember you can't retrain feats.

Also, you give Dwarves the prof in hammers? Hello they get that as a racial trait... UGH...

JBC

mlund

First Post
Jcosby said:
Sigh... Bonus of like name never stack making many feats useless... Why did they do this?

Because you can train out of it when it no longer suits your purposes?
Because you get twice as much of a bonus at the Heroic Tier than Weapon Focus gives you?
Because you get the bonus with TWO weapon groups instead of just one with Weapon Focus?

Also, you give Dwarves the prof in hammers? Hello they get that as a racial trait... UGH...

No they don't. They get proficiency in the Throwing Hammer and the Warhammer as a Racial Bonus. They don't get proficiency in the Maul, any of the Axes, nor any new "Hammer" category weapons introduced in further supplements.

- Marty Lund

Yergi

First Post
Also, dwarves only start with proficiency in throwing and warhammers due to race. If you pick a class that doesn't get military melee proficiency, then Dwarven Weapon Training will also give you access to Mauls.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
i was a bit miffed that elves did not get weapon training. their proficiency is near useless. what class benefits from getting proficiency with a bow? what class is able to use said bow with powers?

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Moon-Lancer said:
i was a bit miffed that elves did not get weapon training. their proficiency is near useless. what class benefits from getting proficiency with a bow? what class is able to use said bow with powers?
Ranger, which is the best class for multi-classing, IMHO.

Cheers, -- N

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Nifft said:
Ranger, which is the best class for multi-classing, IMHO.

Cheers, -- N
Yeah, you could be a Wizard with Ranger powers to be able to use your bow proficiency. Dex is useful for those who choose a wand as their implement, so there is some synergy.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Moon-Lancer said:
On further thought:
- Paladins don't normally have martial military ranged weapon proficiency.
- Neither do Warlords.
- Warlocks can Curse at any range, but their longest attack powers are 10 squares. Bows are a strong choice for a Warlock. Actually, I wonder if it's possible to make a kick-butt Elf Warlock. The extra speed should be worth a lot for a sniper, too. Hmm.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads