• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feat for 12th level Paladin

Longbow

First Post
Is that Smite-song based on "Right now" from Van Halen? Smite on, baby!

So I guess I´ll take Extra Smiting (or maybe Extra Turning, I´m leaning more toward Smiting). Thanks for posting.

I don't know for sure what LG allows, and the following suggestion is based on taking an unusual path, not the most powerful one. That said:

I've had a lot of fun giving a pally Practiced Spellcaster. At 12th you have a caster level of 6, with PS it goes up to 10th. You then have to pick spells very carefully, but for heal mount alone the extra 40 hp of healing may be worth it. Look at the durations and bonus levels (for spells that give bonuses based on caster level -- your divine favor goes from +2/+2 to +3/+3) for spells you prepare a lot.

While this won't boost your overall power level as much as some options, it does open some new options. It also means things like pearls of power (the 1st level ones are mega-cheep at 1,000 gp) become much more useful.

I've never seen anyone else do this, and I admit there are lots of tempting options that give you more overall power. I offer it up only as a way to stand out from the crowd a bit.

Darklone

Most crazy paladin spell with Practised Spellcaster: Divine Favor. TWF, Imp Shieldbash and Divine Might and the paladins full BAB shines.

Thondor

I run Compose Dream Games RPG Marketplace
I've been wanting to ask this for a while:

What source is Extra Smiting in and What exactly does the feat do? thanks

Longbow

First Post
Aaah, that song. Now I have to learn it and sing it everytime I´ll smite. :lol:

I don´t have PHB2 and I don´t know if LG allows it, but I´ll look into it.

Practised Spellcaster, nice idea, especially with Pearls of Power. I have a "low" wisdom of 13, so spells aren´t my priority. Mostly I prepare Bless Weapon or Resurgance (sometimes Resist Energy or Divine Sacrifice).

Remove ads