Feat suggestion for a 6th level wizard

Thanee

First Post
I do not know how often you encounter situations, where it is useful, but Sudden Silent can be a life saver combined with Dimension Door (which is only one level ahead). Can get you out of a Grapple+Silence/Pin situation and sometimes it's just nice to be able to cast a spell without arousing attention and silent casting is quite important then. :)

Also Eberron has these feats, which reduce the cost for crafting items (less XP is probably the most useful of them). With the crafting feats you have and plan to take, that might be worth a look.

I would not take Craft Wand, since you already have Scribe Scroll and Craft Wondrous Item.

Bye
Thanee

Khayman

First Post
I'd vote for Craft Wand as (a) it effectively increases your total number of spells, and (b) it increases your versatility (by freeing up your spell slots for other spells).

Last edited:

Thanks for all the advice. It's certainly something to think about.

The DM has banned Leadership (which is fine with the players). We've got six PCs, so that's plenty of combatants to worry about.

Dodge would be great, because our DM has house-ruled it to apply to AC generally not just for one opponent (and his AC is only 12). The Silent Spell feat is looking good--I may take that as my first ever meta-magic feat. (This is the only wizard I've ever played for more than one session, so I haven't ever tried meta-magic feats before.) The Sudden feats also looks good.... as does Extend! :)

I was thinking about Craft Wand, but our sorcerer has it and likes to make wands of Fireball. I was also considering Improved Toughness, but I think I want to take something related to magic. His Dex isn't high enough to warrant Weapon Finesse (you can see his character sheet if you want details). And I probably won't take Weapon Focus. But Energy Substitution might be fun. Just prep a regular Fireball and an Acidball.

So, I've got a lot to think about. Thanks for all the input! I have a week to decide. Given all these interesting ideas, I will probably plan out his feats for the next 10 levels! :)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Having looked over your character sheet, I think that Extend Spell might be a good call. A lot of your spells (both offensive and defensive) look like they would benefit from it.

Just about any of the following could stand to be Extended on a regular basis:

Mage Armor
Shield
Acid Arrow
Glitterdust
Cat's Grace
Invisibility
Haste
Fly

And you've got a few others that might call for it on occasion. It's not flashy but an Extended Mage Armor will cover you all day and an Extended Acid Arrow can really put the hurt on enemy spellcasters.

Shallown

First Post
Since you want avoid specializing too much I would throw another vote for sudden extend. Its useful in most situations and gets better with levels. Sudden extending a haste is a great combat use. Extending invisbility aids in stealthy and extending disguise self or such helps in subterfuge and such.

If you have access to any feats that help with crafting that would also be great. I think there is one in eberron and Forgotten realms as well that reduce the XP and cost of crafting since you have scribe scroll and wonderous it is well worth it.

I know my 9th wizard has spent out the hiney in Xp for crafting of late. I iwsh I had access to a feat like that but we only use core and the complete books.

Later

DarkMaster

First Post
silentspace said:
Leadership?
I Agree, It's always fun to have your own personal healer/body guard when you are a wizard.

Is spell can heal, buff and increase your saves. With combat reflex and a good armor he/she can fill the role of personal body guard. Freeing the other fighters from continually protecting you.

Of course I assumed you take a Cleric cohort

Rackhir

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
I Agree, It's always fun to have your own personal healer/body guard when you are a wizard.

Is spell can heal, buff and increase your saves. With combat reflex and a good armor he/she can fill the role of personal body guard. Freeing the other fighters from continually protecting you.

Of course I assumed you take a Cleric cohort

Cohort was banned.

I have come to really like improved initiative. Especially as you get into save or die spells it never hurts to have the mage go first.

Remove ads