Feat suggestion for a 6th level wizard

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I'd go for one of the Eberron specific feats - something like, is it Action Boost? makes your action die into a d8 instead of a d6?

Cheers

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Since it's eberron, have you considered the feat that allows you to spontaeneously cast for the expenditure of an action point? To me, that sounds like it would fit your character perfectly: the right spell for the right situation.

I think I need to read my Eberron book again, but pay attention this time! :eek:

It sounds like there are some good feats in there that I am forgetting. Thanks for the input! I think I now have enough ideas to plan his feats until level 20. w00t!

Saeviomagy said:
Since it's eberron, have you considered the feat that allows you to spontaeneously cast for the expenditure of an action point? To me, that sounds like it would fit your character perfectly: the right spell for the right situation.

The problem I have with that feat is that it costs 2 action points to spontaneously cast. The opportunity cost *might* be too high, accordingly.

Patryn of Elvenshae said:
The problem I have with that feat is that it costs 2 action points to spontaneously cast. The opportunity cost *might* be too high, accordingly.
Mabye, but I view the feat as a "bacon saver"--it wouldn't get used a lot, but when you're desparate a few action points is a small price to pay for saving your party's bacon.

I think I'm leaning toward Extend Spell, Still Spell, or this feat. If I decide I want all three of those feats, I'm set on what feats to pick through 10th level (which will be several months away). :)

Barendd Nobeard said:
Mabye, but I view the feat as a "bacon saver"--it wouldn't get used a lot, but when you're desparate a few action points is a small price to pay for saving your party's bacon.

Entirely agreed. :) I just think the feat would see more use if it was a 1 point cost - and feats are few enough that a feat which is seldom used is a hard opportunity cost to bear.

I think I'm leaning toward Extend Spell, Still Spell, or this feat. If I decide I want all three of those feats, I'm set on what feats to pick through 10th level (which will be several months away). :)

If you really want the spontaneous casting feat, you might also want to look into Heroic Spirit - 3 more action points could be useful. :D

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Good advice has been given so I will not repeat it.

I do have a question though, why did you take Skill Focus (Concentration) and not take Combat Casting?? :confused: It is only a matter of one point, not really an issue... just curious??

Possibly answered my own question:

COMBAT CASTING [GENERAL]

Benefit: You get a +4 bonus on Concentration checks made to cast a spell or use a spell-like ability while on the defensive or while you are grappling or pinned.

The feat is situationally limited.... :)

Last edited:

FreeXenon said:
Good advice has been given so I will not repeat it.

I do have a question though, why did you take Skill Focus (Concentration) and not take Combat Casting?? :confused: It is only a matter of one point, not really an issue... just curious??

Because Skill Focus (Concentration) grants a +3 bonus to all concetration checks.

Combat Casting provides a +4 bonus, but only to one particular kind of Concentration checks.

The difference in actual bonus, then, is negligible and the first applies to so many more situations that it is really a no-brainer.

Remove ads