• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feature request: Option to disable notifications for post quotes

covaithe

Explorer
The notifications area (see attached image) is often quite useful, and I pay a fair amount of attention to it. The mentions feature in particular is awesome. However, it seems like about half of my notifications recently have been for when other people quote my posts, like so:

covaithe said:
Something dumb

Thing is, 99 or more times out of 100, my posts are only quoted in threads I'm following, and I almost always see the thread before I get the notification. That particular notification is not useful to me. In fact, it adds a fair amount of work, since in order to remove it from my notifications area, I have to go to my profile page and select the quotes tab, even though I've already seen the quotation.

Would it be possible to add an option to turn off notifications of post quotes? Alternatively, would it be possible to mark the quote as "seen" and remove it from my notifications area when I view the quoting post in the thread, even if I haven't gone to my profile page yet? Either one would add a lot of value to the notifications area for me.

Attachments

• notifications.PNG
    notifications.PNG
    5.5 KB · Views: 87

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There already is such an option - I know because I found the notifications to be annoying too, and turned them off. However, I don't recall where the control for it sits.

I'll dig around, and see if I can find it.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Has the option been moved somewhere else? Clicking that link doesn't do anything for me. Like the OP, I have never had a "post quote" that wasn't already a "subscribed thread". I don't need post quote notifications, especially not if viewing the thread in question fails to clear them.

I also tried creatively appending things to the following URL: http://www.enworld.org/forum/usertag.php and didn't succeed. Halp?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads