• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter #6: A Modest Proposal

jasamcarl

First Post
Norri quickly overtakes Bhartus and the elemental gives chase, closing, along with the two others from north of the obelisk, with the dwarf. Bhartus takes a single slug in the back, leaving a noticable dent in his armor.

Bhartus takes 9.

After avoiding another swipe and succesfully dismounting, Whitney tosses her two conjured balls of electricity at the elemental. They strike with a great flash as bits of rock fly from the creature before it simply winks out of existence.

One of the two webbed elementals snaps free the magical strands. The shaman screams "Don't let them escape!! Serve me!!!" The two entangled elementals respond in their odd 'tongue' and sink back into the ground. The shaman exclames in her highest pitch yet, "No!!!!!!!!"

Bhartus is up. He is 45ft from the retreat point, Norri 30ft, and Whitney 30ft.

Threatened:
Bhartus (3 elementals)

OOC: Keep going!!! You are almost there!!!

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus continues to run, defending himself. He uses a charge from the CLW wand to cure himself. (ouch.. three elementals?? :()

jasamcarl

First Post
Bhartus runs, the elementals hot on his trail. The stocky dwarf crashes into the dense foliage at the edge of the clearing, just as he takes another slug in the back from one of the elementals.

Bhartus takes 8.

ooc: Krug, that's what you get for being so dang slow. :)

Amazingly, the stonemen stop at the clearing's edge, not following the dwarf.

Both Norri and Whitney follow quickly in his stead making it into the woods and quickly rejoining their companions on the trail.

From the direction of the clearing, just as the sounds of marching finally enter the clearing, everyone can hear a shrill yell.."No tall one will run for long!!!! Tall ones will all tie under stone tent!!!! Hear me!!!!!!" With that, dozens of wolf yelps erupt and the shaman begins a cackle, the caustic sounds echoing through the chill afternoon air....

Everyone has escaped. Can I assume that you are all heading back to the castle? Toki?

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Jericho gathers his strength and nods to the party, "We retreat this day, better to live in defeat then die in victory... or something."

He leads the party back to the castle...

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"We retreat this day, better to live in defeat then die in victory... or something."

"Too right there, you can take a lesson from me in that way of life," Norri says, holding a loaded crossbow and glancing behind the party every few seconds.

"True that it was the prudent action to do." Whitney says as she picks up Mist and rubs the ruffled fur of her familiar. "But I mislike running still, it galls me."

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus uses his wand of CLW to heal himself and the others injured in the party. "Yes... else we would be wolf food by now... but that damn shaman. I'd like to shove my mace down his throat!"

Remove ads