• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter #6: A Modest Proposal

Tokiwong

First Post
jasamcarl said:
Tarowyn lands on the ground and swiftly unleashes an arrow into the elemental which slammed Jericho. Rocks fly off the creature as the arrow shaft breaks, leaving it swaying slightly, its weight threatening to topple it.

Jericho is up. Do you want to attack the elemental (now very much wounded) that is threaning you and then move or risk an AoO, keeping in mind you can only take 2 nonlethal before being knocked out?

Jericho will try and strike the little creature down, quickly and then move another 20 feet!

jasamcarl

First Post
Jericho follows up Tarowyn's arrow with a hard swing of his blade, freeing the elemental's torso from its legs. A brief red flash later and the thing is gone without a trace. Jericho turns and follows on the wide, ponderous heels of Bhartus.

The dwarf reaches the small still form of his halfling companion, only to be attacked by the elemental which felled him. Bhartus takes a stony punch in the jaw.

Bhartus takes 7 nonlethal.

Meanwhile, Tarowyn faces a charge from the remaining elemental to the north, ably avoiding a head but from the little thing just as another manifests where Bhartus was previously standing.

Whitney still can't control her frightened mount even while she is placed under continuous harrasment by a small elemental. (Whitney could always abandon the mount you know...or attack the elemental on her heals) ;)

The other two elementals still remain unable to struggle free of the webbing.

Whitney and Tarowyn are up. Jericho is 100ft from the retreat point, Bhartus 60ft, Norri 60ft(unconscience), Whitney 30ft, and Tarowyn 120ft.

Everyone hears the marching to the north of the clearing slowing, as if approaching cautiously.

Party Members Threatened (Subject to AoOs):

Tarowyn (1 elemental, though another is 10ft away)
Bhartus (1 elemental)
Whitney (1 elemental)

ooc: I thought this would be easier for you guys to digest than the map in this case.

Last edited:

Whitney slides off the donkey in frustration as she finally gives up trying to get it under control and tries to put the bucking beast between her and the lumbering lump of stone coming her way. Damn thing wasn't a proper mount for a lady anyway she grumbles as she cups her hands and chants quickly.

"Lady Luck guide my hand." she whispers as she cups the sparkling globe of St. Elmo's fire and tosses it at the elemental. (Lesser Electric Sphere)

FYI: I don't have a number of charges for my wand listed.

Tokiwong

First Post
Jericho makes a spring, moving 80 feet, and then pauses to look back and see where his companions are, "Did someone get the wee man?"

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus risks the attack and continues to run. "I be an Earth Brother. How can you hit me?" he shouts to the elementals.

jasamcarl

First Post
Krug said:
Bhartus risks the attack and continues to run. "I be an Earth Brother. How can you hit me?" he shouts to the elementals.

ooc: I'll assume you wanted to heal Norri first, going off your prior post. :)

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
Tarowyn retreats avoiding an attempt by the elmental to bash his back. Catching up to Jericho, the two rush towards the southern edge of clearing.

They pass Bhartus, who, after taking the blow in the chin, leans down, recites a quick prayer, and suffuses Norri with divine energy. He then bolts off towards Tarowyn and Jericho, avoiding another blow.

Norri regains 7 and is now conscience.

Norri is up. Jericho and Tarowyn have made it to the retreat point. Bhartus is 45ft, and Norri is 60ft (a run) away. Whitney is 30ft.

Threatened:

Norri (same elemental)
Whitney (elemental)

Last edited:

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri once again hops to his feet, rubs his head as he momentarily takes in his surroundings, then does a mad dash away from the elemental next to him.

Last edited:

Remove ads