• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter #6: A Modest Proposal

jasamcarl

First Post
As Norri rushes to join the others, the small earth elemental who he was facing (remember him? :)) slugs the halfling hard in the face, knocking him to the ground.

Norri took 5 nonlethal and is now unconscience.

As Jericho, Tarowyn slumped over his back, and Bhartus retreat back whence they came, the smaller of the two elementals, now joined by a third which rises just behind where Jericho previously stood, gives chase; the larger makes a few sounds that sound like rocks crashing against eachother to the shaman before sinking back in the ground. The pursuing elemental charges, its stone legs lifting and crashing into the soil before its head slams into Jericho's back, putting the D'orite off balance.

Jericho takes 6 nonlethal. He can take only two more before going unconscience.

Whitney continues unsuccesfully to take back control of her mount as the small stone creature continues its swipes at her legs.

The shaman, cackling in glee after Norri's fall, cackles, "You will all make such good sacrafices. The fanged one's will enjoy feasting on one's such as yourselves!!!!"

The obelisk (the large rectangular block of stone on which the shaman sits, in case anyone was wondering) now appears to be simmering in small, deep red flames.

Tarowyn is up. There are now 6 small earth elementals and the shaman left.

The Map is pretty much the same, replacing the medium elemental with a smaller one.

Mirth

Explorer
"Let me down, Jericho, before you get us all killed," Tarowyn says as he jumps down from the D'orite's shoulder. Crisply drawing an arrow, he says to the others, "You lot get out of here now and I'll cover our backs..." before letting the arrow fly and drawing another.

jasamcarl

First Post
Mirth said:
"Let me down, Jericho, before you get us all killed," Tarowyn says as he jumps down from the D'orite's shoulder. Crisply drawing an arrow, he says to the others, "You lot get out of here now and I'll cover our backs..." before letting the arrow fly and drawing another.

ooc: What is the target?

jasamcarl

First Post
Tarowyn lands on the ground and swiftly unleashes an arrow into the elemental which slammed Jericho. Rocks fly off the creature as the arrow shaft breaks, leaving it swaying slightly, its weight threatening to topple it.

Jericho is up. Do you want to attack the elemental (now very much wounded) that is threaning you and then move or risk an AoO, keeping in mind you can only take 2 nonlethal before being knocked out?

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
OOC: Actually, I'm going to make it simple for you guys. If you all can make it 120ft south of where Tarowyn, Bhartus, and Jericho are standing (alive of course), consider yourselves escaped. Norri is 60ft away from the 'escape point' and Whitney 30.

Whitney kicks, jerks the reins and even uses a few very 'unlady-like' words in her attempt to coax the mule on it's way. "I'm definitely going to have to get a better trained mount soon." she grumbles as she fights to keep/regain control

jasamcarl

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Whitney kicks, jerks the reins and even uses a few very 'unlady-like' words in her attempt to coax the mule on it's way. "I'm definitely going to have to get a better trained mount soon." she grumbles as she fights to keep/regain control

OOC: assuming you get control of your mount, which direction do you want to head in, north (towards the fight) or south (to escape)?

Remove ads