• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Feint Whispers Chapter #6: A Modest Proposal

Tokiwong

First Post
Jericho makes a slash with his blade at the elmental, and then returns back to to where Bhartus stands. he calls to Whitney, "Work your way to us, we can't stay seperated!"

Krug

Newshound
Bhartus will get close to Jericho and fire his crossbow at the shaman. "SLAY HIM! ONCE HE'S DEAD THE CREATURES WILL NO DOUBT PERISH!"

Whitney spurs her horse forward, trying to manuever around the small elementals trapped in her web and back to where the others are as points a finger at the target indicated by Bhartus and casts anotehr spell that way.

(magic missile)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Norri clambers to his feet, and hurriedly fires his crossbow (if it's loaded) at the hovering shaman bird. If it's not loaded he'll take a moment to put another bolt into it.

jasamcarl

First Post
As Norri gets back on his feet and begins to the process of quickly reloading his crossbow, another red bolt runs from the base of the stone slab to the ground immediatly behind Tarowyn, who is arching his arrow for another shot at the shaman. Another small stone creature arises, attempting to break the elf's legs with a slam of its rocky appendage; Tarowyn is just able to avoid. Its larger kin closes with the elf quickly, the clomping of its huge feet making the ground shake slightly.

The elemental facing Jericho, undetterred by the shattering of its two fellows steps forward and swings at the D'orite's legs, which, thanks to a mix of dexterity and enchanted black armor, fail to buckle.

Another elemental chases after the mounted Whitney, but it fails to connect a blow for the brief moment it closed before the Lady trots off, circumventing the plot of ground covered in arcane webbing. The other two elementals struggle unsuccesfully to break free of the conjured material that binds them.

The shaman shifts form again, reverting to the small goblinoid, sitting on the north edge of the obelisk, facing Tarowyn. It yells something in a rough language that none of you recognize.

As Tarowyn attempts to take closer aim at the shaman, the stone men surrounding attempt sideways slams with their arms, the larger aiming for the Elf's arms, the smaller for his legs. Tarowyn deftly ducks under the former and then leaps over to avoid the latter attack, returing to a standing state to let off two arrows at the shaman. Both arrows find its right arm, one managing to dig deep enough for the arrow to remain protruding. Whitney's arcane bolt finds the goblin's back, a quick flame erupting from the goblin's flesh. A shrill scream erupts through the forest, sending crows fluttering from the surrounding woods to flight over head.

Jericho's blade comes in sideways, cleaving almost all the way through the small stone creature's torso, leaving it wobbly, but standing. He then withdraws back towards where Bhartus and Norri are prepping their crossbows, rejecting another attack by the stoneman with his shield.

Norri fires off a bolt upwardat the now severly wounded shaman, but the little one isn't complacent, trapsing with little feet along the top of the obelisk.

The large earth elemental smashes its fist into Tarowyn's arm crushing it. The pain is so immence that the elf keels over onto the ground.

Tarowyn is unconscience.

Jericho's retreat is followed up with a charge by his earthen advisery, a slug in the lightly armored stomach follows.

Jericho takes 10.

The small earth elemental chasing Whitney closes with the lady. One of the entangled ones is able to snap free of its immediate webbing, intent on advancing on Jericho and the others, but it makes little to no headway through the thick gossimer.

The shaman begins to hop up and down quickly on the stone face, her arms moving in a number of wild patterns. The obelisk again begins to glow. A dense mist slowly creeps in at the top of the stone monument, spreading up and out from the shaman. She is no longer visible. From within the cloud she screeches, "Surrender tall ones!! You've earned yourselves a death earned by only the strongest of your kind!!!"

Whitney is up. Five small earth elementals, one medium, and the shaman remain. Tarowyn is out, but not dead.

Map:

>>>>>>>>E>e

>>>>>>>>L/O

>>>>>>>eJBN

>>>>>>>e>>>>e(entangled)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>W
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>e

Jericho and Norri: over the noise of battle you can hear (again), the clanking of what could be hundreds of tiny feet, now within 200 feet of the clearing.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
"This is looking bad my comrades... I suggest we flee now, I will buy you some time! To the death!" Jericho starts a tactical retreat.... "As in now! I will get the elfy!" he rushes to grab Tarowyn and starts running away!

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
Tokiwong said:
"This is looking bad my comrades... I suggest you flee now, I will buy you some time! To the death!" Jericho charges into the mist towards where the goblin druid was standing! He will charge and attack if he can, if not just search for his prey as best as he can.

ooc: he is still at the top of the 30ft stone monument. no charging. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads