• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FEMESOLATE: New PrC: Ideas Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
I would definitely change the ac bonus to charisma. Otherwise, a monk gains very little compared to the abilities she loses for not advancing as a monk. Other than that, sounds good!

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
JRRNeiklot said:
I would definitely change the ac bonus to charisma. Otherwise, a monk gains very little compared to the abilities she loses for not advancing as a monk. Other than that, sounds good!

Good point...and as my idea develops more the femesolate is starting to look more like an advanced paladin anyway rather than a monk or cleric, so Charisma would be of better use. Thanks!

Aloïsius

First Post
Class that are able to add cha, wis or int to their AC are usually unable to use heavy armor. In the other hand, Paladin are "the" heavy armored fighter. you have to think about this.
If they don't use heavy armor, they will probably be more monk like, with good relex saves and the like (move silently tumble... as class skill).

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Aloïsius said:
Class that are able to add cha, wis or int to their AC are usually unable to use heavy armor. In the other hand, Paladin are "the" heavy armored fighter. you have to think about this.
If they don't use heavy armor, they will probably be more monk like, with good relex saves and the like (move silently tumble... as class skill).

Right, Im working on this, and I am including an armor restriction as well as a weapon restriction.

I see femesolates as unarmed, unarmored warriors. Although they may have weapon and armor proficiencies from their previous classes, they will be unable to use them as a femesolate.

But here lies a question: how should I enhance their unarmed combat capabilities to make up for loosing access to all their weapon and armor feats? How should this balance? Any ideas there?

Cabral

First Post
How about a "Divine Protection" ability or something that grants bonuses depending on the proficiencies that the character had /before/ taking the class that are now unusable because of the classes vows. Violating the vows result in loss of class abilities (including this one) for 24 hours or untial an attonement spell is cast on the character.

Simple Weapon Proficiency: +1 sacred bonus to unarmed attacks.
Martial Weapon Proficiency: +1 sacred bonus to unarmed damage.
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: +2 sacred bonus to unarmed damge.
Light Armor Proficiency: ?
Medium Armor Proficiency: +1 deflection bonus to AC
Heavy Armor Proficiency: +2 deflection bonus to AC
Shield Proficiency: ?

I have no idea about the power level or appropriateness of such changes, however ... use with caution :D

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Cabral said:
How about a "Divine Protection" ability or something that grants bonuses depending on the proficiencies that the character had /before/ taking the class that are now unusable because of the classes vows. Violating the vows result in loss of class abilities (including this one) for 24 hours or untial an attonement spell is cast on the character.

Simple Weapon Proficiency: +1 sacred bonus to unarmed attacks.
Martial Weapon Proficiency: +1 sacred bonus to unarmed damage.
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: +2 sacred bonus to unarmed damge.
Light Armor Proficiency: ?
Medium Armor Proficiency: +1 deflection bonus to AC
Heavy Armor Proficiency: +2 deflection bonus to AC
Shield Proficiency: ?

I have no idea about the power level or appropriateness of such changes, however ... use with caution :D

Good suggestions! Thanks! And of course if the femesolate ever lost her class abilities, she would have use of those proficiencies again.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
How about having a table for unarmed attacks, much like the monks. Any monk levels could stack. Of course, it should be a bit less than a true monks table, perhaps topping out at 1d12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads