Feylight and Dragonbreath 4E [Closed. Accepting Alternates]

arcanaman

First Post
Character Creation

for character creation I would like you to make up backstories preferably using some of the information from my campaign worldthread if you have any questions about the world please post them there that is it besides what i've already specified

Now we need to vote Eldf(Eladrin/Dwarven) Dragoneif(Dragonborn/teifling) or merc I'll take the majority

Shalimar

First Post
I'd like to play a Tiefling swordmage, the youngest daughter of a member of the Black Circle. Tris would be good at politicking around do to her upbringing, but it bored her, and her studies were much more interesting anyway. Unlike her siblings who sought power through binding themselves to great mysitcal powers, she focused on gaining magical power of her own, though she did dabble a bit with a minor pact to appease her father.

Tris spends the majority of her time being bored of the Circle's intrigues, and she is glad she is only on the peripheral of them as the youngest with many older siblings.

I'd vote for a Dragonborn Tiefling Alliance

This image is the basis for Tris that I'd be working off of

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tesryon_of_Demon_Mages_by_JayAxer.jpg
    Tesryon_of_Demon_Mages_by_JayAxer.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
I also vote for a Dragonborn Tiefling Alliance.

This should even allow human (Bael Turath has also human population) and the bug bear concept (slave bodyguard of another character?).

I could add something in my background, about how my tiefling warlock stole the starpact secrets from the Apprentices of the Stars :devil:

Or I can finally try out the illusion rules :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
This should even allow human (Bael Turath has also human population) and the bugbear concept (slave bodyguard of another character?).

That would be fine with me (As long as the equipment/wealth disparity remains relatively minor.) and it seems we have a few characters (Shalimar's Tris amongst them) for it to fit without feeling forced...

That said I too will vote for the Dragonborn Tiefling Alliance.

Shalimar

First Post
That would be fine with me (As long as the equipment/wealth disparity remains relatively minor.) and it seems we have a few characters (Shalimar's Tris amongst them) for it to fit without feeling forced...

That said I too will vote for the Dragonborn Tiefling Alliance.

Its not like there would be some great benifit to denying a bodyguard, or a servant whatever equipment they need, besides, it might be consideredd a way of showing off your status to deck out your servant in only the best.

arcanaman

First Post
I also vote for a Dragonborn Tiefling Alliance.

This should even allow human (Bael Turath has also human population) and the bug bear concept (slave bodyguard of another character?).

I could add something in my background, about how my tiefling warlock stole the starpact secrets from the Apprentices of the Stars :devil:

Or I can finally try out the illusion rules :)
the Teiflings of Baelturath essentialy rule the only human nation though humans lives aren't very good under there rule

arcanaman

First Post
Its not like there would be some great benifit to denying a bodyguard, or a servant whatever equipment they need, besides, it might be consideredd a way of showing off your status to deck out your servant in only the best.
yes and then you see a collar or something on their body that means there his slave

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Its not like there would be some great benefit to denying a bodyguard, or a servant whatever equipment they need, besides, it might be considered a way of showing off your status to deck out your servant in only the best.
That's pretty much how I see it too... Though equal wealth seems a bit of a stretch but that seems to be a long time coming.

I haven’t really looked at the Swordmage yet outside of seeing that it’s a ‘defender’ role so I’m wondering if a bodyguard would be best served if built on a ‘striker’ role instead of another ‘defender’ role.

Thinking either Fighter or Ranger… Your (or anyone else's) thoughts?

arcanaman

First Post
That's pretty much how I see it too... Though equal wealth seems a bit of a stretch but that seems to be a long time coming.

I haven’t really looked at the Swordmage yet outside of seeing that it’s a ‘defender’ role so I’m wondering if a bodyguard would be best served if built on a ‘striker’ role instead of another ‘defender’ role.

Thinking either Fighter or Ranger… Your (or anyone else's) thoughts?
Prehaps the slave has an allowance of somesort to use on chores and as long as he gets the chores done he can spend whatever left on himself and his master doesn't care because he is too worried about which of his enemies will betray him

Walking Dad

First Post
What the group still lacks is a leader. Perhaps a warlord slave, with a bit refluff? (actual anatomic knowlede vs healing word etc.)

If you are settled on fighter or ranger, I vote for ranger :)

Perhaps I could change my submission into an artificer, if we find no other leader.

(Would be an interesting playtest, including two 'unfinished' classes:
sword mage & artificer)

Remove ads