Feylight and Dragonbreath 4E [Closed. Accepting Alternates]

arcanaman

First Post
What the group still lacks is a leader. Perhaps a warlord slave, with a bit refluff? (actual anatomic knowlede vs healing word etc.)

If you are settled on fighter or ranger, I vote for ranger :)

Perhaps I could change my submission into an artificer, if we find no other leader.

(Would be an interesting playtest, including two 'unfinished' classes:
sword mage & artificer)
For the moment in my OA campaign at home thier is no leader in that campaign although their is somone unofficaly who is always bossy and make sure the party is doing it the way there being payed to no matter what the party is doin in this case it's the LE monk

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
What the group still lacks is a leader. Perhaps a warlord slave, with a bit refluff? (actual anatomic knowlede vs healing word etc.)
Obviously, you mean mechanical and not IC... ;)

It’s an interesting idea, and I can see how a tribe leader could be a warlord and end up a slave, but there seems to be a lot of back-story required (which in itself isn’t a problem) but how can a warlord with zero XPs have proven himself?

The Ranger class as bodyguard makes perfect sense to me… Whomever is attacking the one being guarded is the quarry. :cool:

Shalimar

First Post
For the moment in my OA campaign at home thier is no leader in that campaign although their is somone unofficaly who is always bossy and make sure the party is doing it the way there being payed to no matter what the party is doin in this case it's the LE monk

In 4th edition the leader role isn't actually telling people what to do, its the role that performs the healing and keeps everyone on their feet. The Cleric and Warlord don't actually need to be in charge to do their leader thing. I'm not quite sure I understand why they named the role "Leader" since it implies being in charge rather than Healer, or something similair, which is what they actually do.

Walking Dad

First Post
Obviously, you mean mechanical and not IC... ;)
Yes, mechanics. Leader role, like in defender role or striker role.

It’s an interesting idea, and I can see how a tribe leader could be a warlord and end up a slave, but there seems to be a lot of back-story required (which in itself isn’t a problem) but how can a warlord with zero XPs have proven himself?

The Ranger class as bodyguard makes perfect sense to me… Whomever is attacking the one being guarded is the quarry. :cool:
What ever your character did, that he ended an PC and not a minion ;)

arcanaman

First Post
Can't find bugbear in 4E monstermaunal give +2 str and +2con for now I agree with the warlord idea also tris maybe become the leader of the party still waiting for a couple people to vote

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Can't find bugbear in 4E monstermaunal give +2 str and +2con for now I agree with the warlord idea also tris maybe become the leader of the party still waiting for a couple people to vote

Yeah, I had the same problem. I had to have another player tell me where to look. :blush:

Anyhow, it's on page 276. :)

Shalimar

First Post

Tris is a Defender, she doesn't have the healing abilities to take on the Leader role. Socially, yes she could be the leader of the group, but thats not the same thing as the Mechanical Leader Role. We'd could definitely use a mechanical leader if anyone were wanting to play one.

Shalimar

First Post
Yeah, I had the same problem. I had to have another player tell me where to look. :blush:

Anyhow, it's on page 276. :)

It is kind of confusing that something as big as a bug bear gets a +2 to Str and Dex and not Str and Con, but the other racial ability is really nice. +1d6 damage as an 1/encounter is pretty nice, especially since you have Tris to Flank with to let you get the neccessary combat advantage.

Not quite sure what the oversized quality does considering the fact that weapons are either small or regular and thus there are no weapons of large size, unless they intend it to mean you can use two-handed weapons in one hand. If that were the case it would be pretty nifty to see a bugbear ranger dual-wielding great swords.

arcanaman

First Post
Tris is a Defender, she doesn't have the healing abilities to take on the Leader role. Socially, yes she could be the leader of the group, but thats not the same thing as the Mechanical Leader Role. We'd could definitely use a mechanical leader if anyone were wanting to play one.
Leaders don't always have to healing powers as a side note we do need a healer but somone else will take care of that but your social and political background got you into this boat

Shalimar

First Post
Leaders don't always have to healing powers as a side note we do need a healer but somone else will take care of that but your social and political background got you into this boat

In 4E, there are 4 specific Roles, and each is pretty codified as to what it is and does. Because things are codified pretty tightly people started referring to their characters by their mechanical role as a short hand for how they fit into the party. The game rules are balanced with the assumption of having 5 characters, 1 character of each role +1 wild card. I think we were just on different wave lengths, so this is what I mean when I say leader:

PHB said:

Leader (Cleric, Warlord)

Leaders inspire, heal, and aid the other characters in
an adventuring group. Leaders have good defenses,
but their strength lies in powers that protect their
companions and target specific foes for the party to
concentrate on.

Clerics and warlords (and other leaders) encourage
and motivate their adventuring companions, but just
because they fill the leader role doesn’t mean they’re
necessarily a group’s spokesperson or commander.
The party leader—if the group has one—might as easily
be a charismatic warlock or an authoritative paladin.
Leaders (the role) fulfill their function through their
mechanics; party leaders are born through roleplaying.

I don't disagree on Tris probably being a Social leader though, I just wanted to get us all on the same page so we know what we are actually saying when we use any given word.​

Remove ads