• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FFG to publish Warhammer and Dark Heresy RPGs

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Sorry if this has been reported already, but Fantasy Flight Games and Games Workshop have just reached an agreement. FFG will publish Warhammer Fantasy Role Play and Dark Heresy rpg. The announcement can be found here.

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Also noteworthy, FFG will be doing Talisman and the Sabertooth CCGs. And they are planning expansions for Talisman.

Darkwolf71

First Post
FFG will take over production of Talisman, and plan to produce a new printing and expansions for the 4th edition of this ever-popular classic boardgame. Further, FFG will continue production and new-product support for the Universal Fighting System CCG, the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay RPG, and the new smash hit Dark Heresy RPG. More details on FFG's publication plans for these titles will be provided in the weeks to come.
Good news indeed. I'm especially glad to hear Talisman is included in the deal.

Last edited:

Khairn

First Post
Great news!

I was really impressed with Dark Heresy, but bummed out when I heard of BI shutting down. Knowing that FFG is picking up the line is fantastic.

Crothian

First Post
I wonder if this means the people at Green Ronin who have done a fantastic job assisting in WFRPG will still be involved?

Furtive Noise

First Post
That's great news, I heard Dark Heresy sold well and it would be a shame not to see such a rich universe expanded. In a related question, are there any threads on EN World about Dark Heresy? Anyone played it / have quibbles with certain rules? I'm strongly leaning toward buying the main rulebook as most of my RPG friends also play 40k, but the few reviews I've read mostly reference the Warhammer RPG which I'm not familiar with. Any of the supplement books worth picking up?

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Wulf Ratbane has a Dark Heresy story hour in that forum. I have to say the WHFRP mechanics are kind of wonky to me and DH is built on that framework, but it's personal taste and yours could differ. But like all GW products the flavor is incredible. Really GW survives on the fact that its flavor is so great all the problems and quirks are secondary next to them. In that DH does not disappoint even if it was built exclusively around being the underlings of an Inquisitor without making for the ability to do any of the other campaign types 40K would be so suited to but are at a higher power level.

Remove ads