• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss

shaylon

First Post
Well I have a title thanks to Amazon! Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss has Erik Mona and James Jacob listed as authors. I am guessing this was the super secret project mentioned by Erik and others in earlier posts. I can't freaking wait! Summer 2006 cannot get here fast enough. I know with these two at the helm it promises to be a great book.

-Shay

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
so obviously devils will be II
dare we hope for 'loths as III ?
sweetness abounds.
I and III would be must haves for me, a devils codex will depend on the reviews.

Last edited:

Shemeska

Adventurer
Doing a stylish and happy, yet evil dance

Evilhalfling said:
so obviously devils will be II
dare we hope for 'loths as III ?

Yugoloths need a book. Nay, demand a book. I need 2e 'loth goodness brought into 3.5.

I only worry that they'll go 1e and emphasize CE and LE at the expense of NE, and perhaps minimize the Yugoloth material from 2e/Planescape.

Still, this is going pre-order likely.

Shemeska

Adventurer
So.... Erik... is this book going to be mostly about the Tanar'ri, or will it also cover some of the non-Tanar'ri fiends in the Abyss? Ie. will we see some handling of the Varrangoin/Abyssal Bats and their former layer spanning empires destroyed by the Tanar'ri?

Will we see material on the Bebeliths (and perhaps their hinted nature as manifestations of the collective guilt of the Abyss at its own nature?)

Perhaps something on the non-Abyss origin of the first Tanar'ri and their subsequent obliteration of whatever, if anything, was there previous to their arrival?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm very excited by this work, but I just know that demon lords themselves aren't going to be heavily focused on. Between the BoVD and "The Demonomicon of Iggwilv" articles, they seem like they'd get a lesser focus (and I'm somewhat dubious about the fact that Erik Mona seems to take an active dislike for the Planescape demon lords, such as Pale Night).

Still, this promises to be an awesome book, and I'm already sold on it. Here's hoping we finally see a 3E molydeus!

Remove ads