• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fiendish Codex I: Hordes of the Abyss

shaylon

First Post
Shemeska said:
So.... Erik... is this book going to be mostly about the Tanar'ri, or will it also cover some of the non-Tanar'ri fiends in the Abyss? Ie. will we see some handling of the Varrangoin/Abyssal Bats and their former layer spanning empires destroyed by the Tanar'ri?

Will we see material on the Bebeliths (and perhaps their hinted nature as manifestations of the collective guilt of the Abyss at its own nature?)

Perhaps something on the non-Abyss origin of the first Tanar'ri and their subsequent obliteration of whatever, if anything, was there previous to their arrival?

Erik has been pretty quiet on this one. In fact if I wasn't so excited when I saw it I would not have posted it. I think he is obligated to keep quiet about exactly what it will be about. For now. When he is ready, or able to, I am sure he will speak about it. I hope this post generates some positive buzz though, and I know that I for one will preorder this as soon as I can.

-Shay

Knight Otu

First Post
Yep, as I remember, employees may not talk about books until they appear in the WotC catalog (including confirming their existence). So don't count on Erik spilling any beans. Yet.

Also, the obligatory YAY! ;)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
Knight Otu said:
Yep, as I remember, employees may not talk about books until they appear in the WotC catalog (including confirming their existence). So don't count on Erik spilling any beans. Yet.

Well said, Knight Otu. At this point there are no beans to spill. ;)

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
James Jacobs said:
Well said, Knight Otu. At this point there are no beans to spill. ;)

What James and Erik aren't saying is that *they* didn't write the book.

In fact, they acted as channels to a Demon Prince, who told them what to write, but left them with only vague and uncertain memories as to what was in the manuscript the submitted to Wizards. :)

Cheers!

Pants

First Post
James Jacobs and Erik Mona as the authors... awesome.

Plus, the possibility of one covering Devils, 'loths/daemons, and 'leths/demodands is truly enticing. :)

Knight Otu

First Post
Frukathka said:
Interesting that it is listed for Canada but not the US.
For some odd reasons, amazon.ca seems a bit faster in those things. But Amazon listings tend to be accurate (not always - the DMG II was originally said to be part of a "race builder" series, or something like that).

And to amend my previous statement, don't count on either Erik or James to spill any beans. ;) (to prevent that James feels left out)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads