• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Fiery Dragon] Counter Collection and BattleBox 4e now available

Klaus

First Post
Let's try posting this without "Print" on the thread title...

FDP4400 - Counter Collection 4E Heroic 1

Fiery Dragon brings you a big box of heavy-mounted die-cut 2-sided counters for your 4th Edition game. More than 700 pieces are included in this set covering the Heroic level monsters from the core rulebook. Die-cut for easier removal from the sheets and 2-sided to provide a 'bloodied' side for enhanced visual play. A dry-erase battlemat is also in the box, great for spot combats and major encounters. Compliment this set of 4E counters with Fiery Dragon's other major accessory - BattleBox 4th Edition - to bring excitement to your 4th edition game!

Shipping is $10 to USA/CANADA. We do not ship this product overseas.

CC4E_heroic_intro.jpg

All Heroic-tier monsters in one box!

CC4E_heroic_diethickness.jpg

Thickest counters yet! Durable and easy to pick up!

CC4E_heroic_battlemat.jpg

Two-sided: normal and bloodied (with creature name)! Includes dry-erase battlemat and preview dungeon dressing tiles from BattleBox 4e! Set up battlefields quickly!

EDIT: see below for BattleBox 4e details!

Last edited:

Evil-B

First Post
Holy cow! Been waiting for this for awhile, didn't expect it to be made out of this much awesome. Ordered!

(I mean, it's Klaus's Famous Counter Art on a durable medium! How can you go wrong?)

My only regret it that I can't justify $100 to buy two sets, but if this motivates me to get the play group together more than we have been then I may have to change my mind down the road...

The printing cost investment for this must have been significant. I sincerely hope you can sell enough to print the next two tiers of creatures.

jephlewis

First Post
Klaus, I really wish I saw this a few days ago! I'm going to have to wait at least until my next paycheck. I'm buying at least one! Couple of questions:

1. It's hard to make out, but it looks like there's about 3-5 copies of the little 1 x 1 square bad guys; is that correct?

2. What about the big 2 x 2 ones, like that giant thing on the battle mat with the orange shirt? How many copies of the big bad guys come in this?

3. If I purchased just one box, would it contain all the counters needed to run the official wotc adventures released so far for the heroic tier? For example, page 16 of keep on the shadowfell has a kobold slinger and 5 kobold minions. So, i'd need one kobold, and five minion counters, or six kobolds, or one kobold and five something elses that are close [like goblins or something].

4. If the answer to #3 is 'no', how many would you recommend I buy to make sure I had enough counters for the modules published so far for heroic tier?

Holy cow! Been waiting for this for awhile, didn't expect it to be made out of this much awesome. Ordered!

(I mean, it's Klaus's Famous Counter Art on a durable medium! How can you go wrong?)

My only regret it that I can't justify $100 to buy two sets, but if this motivates me to get the play group together more than we have been then I may have to change my mind down the road...

The printing cost investment for this must have been significant. I sincerely hope you can sell enough to print the next two tiers of creatures.
I've been waiting a while for something like this too. I'm real minis hostile, so this is straight up my alley!

As for not being able to justify spending a hundred bucks, I can offer you my thoughts [as they run through my head right now; like, this is what i'm telling myself to try to justify buying this now, instead of waiting until my next check]:

1. Two sets of these should concievably cover most small and medium battles, and a few large ones with multiple types of bad guys.

2. Look at the economy, me; a hundred bucks is nothin'! That's me eating out by myself twelve times, or going to four or five movies, or eight or nine bargain dvd's. This set has more potential entertainment value than all of that stuff combined.

3. Fifty bucks for >700 counters or a hundred bucks for >1400 counters; which is the better deal, me? The second choice is clearly twice the value:p!

4. How many minis could I get for a hundred bucks, and would they have the variety that two sets of these offer?

5. I'll track down my group [cuz we're not playing right now, real life stuff got in the way], tell them that for my birthday, all I want from them is twelve bucks a piece; the second set is effectively paid for:p!

Klaus

First Post
The ammount of creatures depend on its role. Minions come in 5 to 7 units, iirc (when there are minions of several levels, they come in reduced numbers because you can just take the higher-level version to supplement them). Regular monsters come in 3 or 4. Elite come in 2 or 3, and solos come in 1.

The product doesn't include new creatures added in H2 and H3, but it does include all from H1 (some, like the goblins and hobgoblins, were altered to comply with their description of hairy bodies, like apes). I can't recall the numbers right now, but I think you'd be a couple of minions short for H1. You could appropriate a similar creature for those, though, like halflings for the extra kobolds.

And the "giant with an orange shirt" is an ogre bludgeoneer.

jephlewis

First Post
The ammount of creatures depend on its role. Minions come in 5 to 7 units...Regular monsters come in 3 or 4. Elite come in 2 or 3, and solos come in 1.

And the "giant with an orange shirt" is an ogre bludgeoneer.
Sweet. I really like the fact that you have a certain amount of counters based on minion, regular, elite, and solo. Totally sold and ordered. No more eating out this week for me:(. My tummy may hate you Klaus, but my cholesterol level lurvs you:p.

Also, in case anyone else is thinking about buying this, the shipping is cheaper if you order more than one. I ordered three, and the shipping was twelve bucks.

arscott

First Post
I really want to get this, and the Battle Box. Is the latter coming out soon enough that I should order them both at the same time?

Klaus

First Post
I will inquire the FDP folk on this, but I assume that yes, it's coming out pretty soon. They were both printed together, IIRC.

Klaus

First Post
As it turns out, the 4e BattleBox is available NOW!

Our original BattleBox Core Fantasy Set was our best selling product ever released - now we bring a bigger and better version to enhance your 4th Edition play! This big box is jam-packed with components to assist gm's and player's. M.S.R.P.: $39.95 Stock Code: FDP4401
BATTLEBOX 4E CONTENTS
* Hundreds of diecut PC counters [including a ‘bloodied’ side!], dungeon dressings and cirular action tokens
* Transparent spell effect sheets [acetate overlays]
* 20 plastic bases [10 white, 10 black] for use with the condition counters [dazed, deafened and 11 other conditions]
* Pad of 4th edition character sheets.
* Pad of power tracking sheets.
* Dry-erase DM combat tracking sheet.
* Dry-erase Player combat tracking sheet.
* 52 condition markers used with the INCLUDED 20 plastic bases [10 white and 10 black]. Mark combatants on the battlefield as deafened, prone, blind, dazed - 13 different conditions, 4 markers each
* 17”x22” dry-erase battlemat
* DRY-ERASE MARKER INCLUDED!

battlebox4e_1.jpg

PC Counters for all gender/race/class combination, with a "Bloodied" underside.

battlebox4e_3.jpg

Dungeon Dressing Counters! Tons of stuff to customize the included Battlemat, or your tiles of choice!

battlebox4e_4.jpg

Condition counters with stand-up plastic bases!

battlebox4e_5.jpg

Tokens for Second Wind, Failed Death Saves, Altitude and more!

battlebox4e_6.jpg

Burst/blast and Wall trasparent templates!

battlebox4e_7.jpg

Dry-erase DM and Player tracking sheets!

battlebox4e_8.jpg

Two sheet pads: PC sheet and Power sheet!

BUNDLE PRICE: BattleBox 4E together with Counter Collection 4E is $70 plus $12 shipping

Kalbutt

First Post
Unfortunately for me living in old Europe, Fiery Dragon does not ship overseas.
Anyone know if there are distributors of these fine products in my continent ?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads