• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Fiery Dragon] Creature Collection 4th Edition preview: Asaatthi!

Scott Holden

First Post
Monsters are drawn from all three original Creature Collections - our goal was to take what we thought were the best entries and include those. However, we didn't include any gods, so sorry for all you Drendari and Corean fans...

When I was working on the book, I started building an appendix of guidelines for playing some of the monstrous races, but I decided not to include it for various reasons. There's a good chance that may come later as a PDF supplement or something, though.

Also, further news on the R&R book - I've just been pulled in to help work on that, as well, since it had been held up for too long. I will start working on it shortly, but it will definitely be pushed back: I won't have much time to devote to it till the end of February.

Cheers,

Scott Holden

First Post
Hey - sorry, swamped at work, so little time to monitor forums. :)

When you say "archetypes," do you mean templates? If so, then yes, there are several: Envenomed Beast, Hex Creature, Hydran Beast, Multi-Armed, and Soulless.

Cheers

haaz

First Post
Hey - sorry, swamped at work, so little time to monitor forums. :)

When you say "archetypes," do you mean templates? If so, then yes, there are several: Envenomed Beast, Hex Creature, Hydran Beast, Multi-Armed, and Soulless.

Cheers

Oh yes I meant templates... sorry, the translation french => english didn't work well...

Thank you for the answer ! I love the soulless !

Last edited:

raptor112

First Post
its been a couple of weeks since we last heard anything on the new creature collection. So what is going on with it? Any chance for a release date? Or another preview? though I'd be more then happy with a status update

Klaus

First Post
We're adding another 20 pages of content to the book. Half of the new illustrations are already done, and half of the new monsters are statted up. We're pushing real hard to get the page count near 200.

raptor112

First Post
cool, I'm glad to hear that work is progressing well. I can't wait for this book, I'm buying it before the monster manuel. Is it still on time or is it being pushed back?

Klaus

First Post
Like Rocky said, "it ain't over til it's over". We're doing our best to offer a clear layout, lots of monsters and lots of art.

raptor112

First Post
I'm glad to hear it, I'm just impatient, there are so few good 4E products coming out (by my perspective), and this is one I want to buy in print format.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads