• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fight On! Magazine

Zulgyan

First Post
US residents will be getting the zine before an actual contributor!! LOL! so unfair!!! :lol:

I'll get the PDF when it's out. And other the print mag when I get to the states this year.

RFisher

Explorer
trollwad said:
Does 30 pp for $6.38 seem pretty steep to other people? Isnt that about what I paid for Dungeon which had high quality illustrations, etc and was about 3x as long

Personally, I won’t judge the price by the page count or the price of Dungeon. I’ll judge it by the content.

Ninety pages of stuff that doesn’t inspire me is worth very little. Thirty pages that do can easily be worth $7.

Akrasia

Procrastinator
tankschmidt said:
EDIT: Purchased. To be honest, all you had to do was put the words "four FULL adventures" and "Gabor Lux" in the same sentence...

Gabor Lux ("Melan") has produced some of the best adventures in recent years. And they're free. :)

Also, I'm interested to see Calithena's and Jeff Rient's contributions!

Melan

Explorer
tankschmidt said:
Ho. Lee. Cow.

(mad dash to grab credit card...)

EDIT: Purchased. To be honest, all you had to do was put the words "four FULL adventures" and "Gabor Lux" in the same sentence.
Hey hey hey, thanks for the vote of confidence. I really like the idea of Fight on!, and intend to write more for future issues. The current contrib. is a small sub-level from my Khosura megadungeon. My group really liked it. Especially a certain "Fanaure". :)

Calithena

First Post
Thanks for the interest, guys. I'll try to come back here with more answers later.

Me and Ig aren't very happy about the price either, but the analysis above is correct - almost all of that money is going to lulu, not us. They distribute and print and basically do everything. We're a small scale effort for now.

There will be PDFs available within 1-4 months after the print release, and we are looking into other ways to get print copies to people, but for now, this is all there is. Sorry we can't get the pricepoint lower!

trollwad

First Post
My comments were not meant to rain on anyone's parade. As I said, I hope you succeed. If I saw a neutral third party that I respect give you a thumbs up, I might order an issue. That being said, I was questioning the business case. To me, price is the biggest barrier to experimentation. If this is really a labor of love, I am surprised that you aren't more focused on PDFs that's all. See Nick Logue's Sinister Adventures PDFs.

Best of Luck!

Mark

Tewligan

First Post
I can understand people wanting pdf's to lower the price, but damn, I do love holding a real magazine rather than just scrolling through text on my laptop. I'll probably order a copy this week, and I'll post up my opinion of it once I get a chance. This is mostly OD&D rather than AD&D, right? I'm more in the AD&D camp, but it's never been hard to convert back and forth, so it should still be worth the investment. Here's hopin'!

tankschmidt

Explorer
Akrasia said:
Gabor Lux ("Melan") has produced some of the best adventures in recent years. And they're free. :)

Also, I'm interested to see Calithena's and Jeff Rient's contributions!

All big names in today's "OD&D scene" to be sure. I'm really looking forward to seeing the magazine. Unfortunately, my copy is still in Lulu's "FULFILLING" stage. I wait with bated breath.

Melan said:
The current contrib. is a small sub-level from my Khosura megadungeon. My group really liked it. Especially a certain "Fanaure". :)

Chances are it will find a home somewhere within my megadungeon as well.

Tewligan said:
I can understand people wanting pdf's to lower the price, but damn, I do love holding a real magazine rather than just scrolling through text on my laptop.

Agreed. A big part of my excitement with this product is that I'll have a magazine to hold in my hand. I'm a "Crusader" subscriber too, but new issues just don't come out often enough!

Remove ads