D&D 4E Fillable pdf character sheet for 4e, version 3.0

savage3e

First Post
mpleg said:
I just reproduced the AC/Fort bug--adobe doesn't seem to be handling auto updating when one field indirectly relies on another. It looks to depend on the order in which you fill things in. You can force an update by doing something like putting a 0 in a 'misc' field.

You can also change the order in which an Acrobat document calculates fields. In Acrobat 8, go to FORMS --> EDIT FIELDS --> SET FIELD CALCULATION ORDER. Then you can make sure that fields that rely on other fields are calculated after the first. I hope that makes sense.

Nice sheet, by the way. Thanks for working this up.

Siberys

Adventurer
This sheet is pretty sweet, although there's one thing I find missing...

Do you think you could make a separate RP-info sheet, with spaces for Physical, mental, and historical info, campaign and character notes, a portrait, etc.? I know it's not necessary, but I've always liked having them available. I'm OCD, too, so I like things to match; I really like this sheet's layout.

mpleg

First Post
I've uploaded new versions of the pdfs, hopefully with all of the reported bugs fixed. Thanks for the feedback and reports.

Brazenwood said:
Anyway, we can get a file with the third sheet for powers in the same file in case we want to have ONE pdf file for an npc on a website?
I'd like to merge these into one pdf at some point, but the problem is that the extra powers sheet works best as landscape page style, the character sheet itself works best normal, and adobe doesn't seem to let you combine the two styles into one pdf. I'm going to have to redesign the powers layout (such that I can fit two columns of them in normal page style) before I can merge.

Siberys said:
Do you think you could make a separate RP-info sheet, with spaces for Physical, mental, and historical info, campaign and character notes, a portrait, etc.? I know it's not necessary, but I've always liked having them available.
I think any of the roleplaying stuff would have to be on a third page, there's not much space for large additions. I've traditionally left those things off of my character sheets, as I tend to just remember them, and use the character sheet to just look up numbers. I'll look into this--an optional RP page wouldn't do any harm.

Siberys said:
I'm OCD, too, so I like things to match; I really like this sheet's layout.
You just had to say OCD, didn't you? ;) I'd been tweaking this all weekend and my fiance, who is diagnosed OCD, accused me of having it. She's now giving me the "I told you so".

Siberys

Adventurer
Like I said, seperate RP sheet. Either way, I'd love it!

Also, I was using a bit of hyperbole - I'm not actually OCD, though I certainly feel like it sometimes. ;)

mpleg

First Post
I've put together a new version of the character sheet. The separate character and powers pdfs have been combined into a single file. There's now space for five powers on the first page, and 28 more powers on the third and forth pages. The third and forth pages have a check box that can auto-copy a power onto the first page, so you only have to enter the power once and then check boxes to decide what powers should get a coveted spot on page 1.

With the combined files, I was able to clear up some space on the second page, and added a character portrait area and a character description region.

I've added some cosmetic touch ups, but still feel more could be done in this department. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would make a good addition? (Feedback and comments on anything else are, of course, welcome as well).

Sadrik

First Post
Separate the feats class features and race features list.
Leave enough room for 20 feats and about 10 lines for the 2 features.
passive insight and perception?

Saben

First Post
I'd personally be happy with Powers just appearing on a separate page...

You need the things mentioned by Sadrik. In addition you need an area for second wind, saving throw bonuses, etc. Stuff that appears below HP on the official sheet.

MacPhail

First Post
Have I done something wrong that I'm unable to save a completed sheet, or was that your choice in the design? A really awesome sheet, by the way, and much better organized than the WotC one. Top notch!

MacPhail said:
Have I done something wrong that I'm unable to save a completed sheet, or was that your choice in the design? A really awesome sheet, by the way, and much better organized than the WotC one. Top notch!
You need to have the full version of Acrobat to save PDFs, not just the free reader.

Remove ads