• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Final Decisions

Star Wars or Modern?

• D20 Modern (Late 19th Century)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Star Wars (Rebellion Era)

Votes: 4 57.1%

The 1890's is very diverse, as well... so much is still going on! From a sweet Japanese samurai woman to a wild west gun sling-ette - you don't lack for options in the slightest.

*grins* It would totally rock.

Xath

Moder-gator
Ha! I have her. Now I'm officially excited for this game. More details to come when I flesh her out with stats and stuff.

Winefred "Fred" Thompson: Sheriff's daughter from Roswell, New Mexico. Probably a Smart/Strong mix.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
Ha! I have her. Now I'm officially excited for this game. More details to come when I flesh her out with stats and stuff.

Winefred "Fred" Thompson: Sheriff's daughter from Roswell, New Mexico. Probably a Smart/Strong mix.
That's a good one. I want to make sure to have *at least* one character like that.

I've got further details for character creation in development (and some creation guidelines) that I'll post or otherwise publish as soon as I decide upon them.

A question for you specifically, Gertie - are you attached to Roswell, or could I move you to a similarly sized town in Texas without it interfering overmuch with your concept?

Xath

Moder-gator
I'm not too attached. I was doing research this morning and found that nothing terribly interesting happened in Roswell until 1947 anyway.

Wait wait! In 1890, they discovered....water!

Texas is fine.

The_Universe

First Post
Well, there was a silver mine in Roswell, but it wasn't exactly a rough-and-touble wild-west town. I don't know that the town I'm thinking of in Texas was, either. But, it's mentioned in a book by Jim Marrs, and though the real life event may be a little later than when the game will ultimately be set, I think it might be close enough. So, since the event in question is of dubious truthfulness *anyway,* I don't see much harm in moving it back in time.

Anyway, Aurora, TX is what I had in mind.

Google Satellite

Other Info:

http://ufocasebook.com/Aurora.html

http://www.rense.com/general3/aurora.htm

http://www.rense.com/general27/auror.htm

http://www.ufoevidence.org/ufolinks/1897AuroraTexasUFOCrash.htm

Last edited:

Archon

First Post
My character that i'm keeping in mind is a cross between Doc Holiday and X-Men's "Gambit". His working name right now is "Johnny Cash" (from whom the man in black stole his name :) ) and he's a quick drawing, womanizing, gambler from any Major western town.

The_Universe

First Post
You'll probably be OK picking an origin/location anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon Line and/or West of the Mississippi. I just posted a thread with some initial thoughts about available advanced classes. Grifter and Maverick from Sidewinder: Recoiled spring to mind as being potentially useful at first blush.

Also, Mel Gibson's (and James Garner's) Maverick might be useful for inspiration, as well.

Archon

First Post
What does the "Grifter" get? I'm assuming it's a Charismatic Hero advanced class. Right now i'm thinking more along the lines of "Gunslinger"

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
What does the "Grifter" get? I'm assuming it's a Charismatic Hero advanced class. Right now i'm thinking more along the lines of "Gunslinger"
I don't know off the top of my head what they get - but I would suspect that nearly all of the advanced classes in Sidewinder: Recoiled are going to have some "gunslinger" focus.

Xath

Moder-gator
I'm working on my character and I have a few questions.

1. Do we still need 1 ability score under 10?
2. How are you working Toughness?
3. For cross class skills: Do they cost double the points? Or can you only have half of the ranks in them? Or both?

Remove ads