Final words...

Kaodi

Hero
" You know, " says Sedar, " Now that I think about it, I can really feel that chest pain from the bolt that lodged in me earlier. I guess the adrenaline kept me from thinking about it for a while, but the high only lasts so long... "

He rubs his chest where the bolt hit him, wincing, but then he suddenly looks thoughtful and scratches his head. " I do not suppose anyone remembered to retrieve those two fellows from back at the warehouse? You know, the one that was tied up when we found him, and the one the tried to kill us? " he asks.

Last edited:

Moggthegob

First Post
Zook rubs his wounds as well, those zombies really got to me and my face still kind of hurts from that woman punching me, not to mention the crossbow bolt I took to the thigh. Healing would be nice!!

ajanders

Explorer
Just wanted to check here.

The acolyte promptly puts you all to bed and starts putting you in long-term care because he's out of healing spells until tomorrow.
Threshold is too piddly to have a Jorasco healer, and he refuses to let you endanger yourselves by wandering around in shock from what's obviously been a terrible fight. You could try intimidating him or just beating him up, but persuasion doesn't work.

The guardsmen decide to stay in bed: they showed up for duty and they get paid whether they bust their humps or get some sack time. Obviously they prefer sack time.

Moggthegob

First Post
Zook puts his foot down " No, I need to know what's happening. I need to know if we have the scrolls before I go to bed! The healer gives him a nasty look and zook lets himself lie.[/color]

Kaodi

Hero
Shocked that his pitiful whining has landed him a one way trip to bed, Sedar grabs James arm and says, " You've got to find that woman, before she gets out of town. Maybe she isn't part of the Emerald Claws sinister plans, but I am betting that she has the Scrolls, and we can't afford to leave them unaccounted for. "

ajanders

Explorer
James pats Sedar reassuringly and goes off to "tidy up".
He is nonspecific as to what is getting tidied and how.

The day passes slowly. Zook eventually talks the adept into giving him a lap desk and goes to work drafting his article. Sleep and nourishing soup are had by all, though the adept keeps you all on a strict vegetarian diet.
And no beer. The guardsmen get rebellious, but the adept quells them. They go back to sleep.

A knock comes on the door late in the afternoon. A messenger wearing a white cassock and dark goggles walks in the door and salutes.
"I have come from the Great Church of the Host in Sharn bringing healing for these wounded individuals."

The adept goggles. "How did you get here from Sharn so quickly? How did you know healing was needed? Who sent you? What's this all about?"

"The Host provides great blessings for the faithful."
The messenger holds out a scroll. "This should answer your questions."

The adept takes the scroll opens it, and reads it. Suddenly his eyes go vague and misty.
"This scroll answers all of my questions." he says woodenly.
"I have no more concerns about these events. I am weary from my labors and will sleep now."
He stalks upstairs, stiff-legged, arms held out in front of him.
The messenger gives you all a jaunty thumbs up and hums a cheerful little tune.

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me

"Yes, dream a little dream of me...ba bum bum bum dum tiddlyaaah."

Taking off his cassock, he turns it inside out and folds out a collar, changing it into a brown coat. A hat comes out of a coat pocket and he settles it on his head. Finally he takes off the goggles and puts them back in the hat pocket of the coat.

"So. Here we are!"
The man in the brown coat sits down.
"I guess I should explain some things to the three of you.
You're wounded, in shock, lightly concussed, short on sleep, and suffering from shout-shock.
That is to say, you're loopy. And hallucinating.
I'm not really here. In fact, I don't really exist, and this conversation isn't happening.
Any questions?"

JRYoung

First Post
ajanders said:
"So. Here we are!"
The man in the brown coat sits down.
"I guess I should explain some things to the three of you.
You're wounded, in shock, lightly concussed, short on sleep, and suffering from shout-shock.
That is to say, you're loopy. And hallucinating.
I'm not really here. In fact, I don't really exist, and this conversation isn't happening.
Any questions?"

"I understand" responds Rethlin. "You don't exist and this discussion never happened."

Moggthegob

First Post
Zook looks quaintly at the man and uses one of his last spells to detect magic on the man, if hes an illusion,Zook would know.
Now,now, you don't expect to fool a gnome into believing an illusion is occuring where one is not would you. Gnomes usually win that game.

ajanders

Explorer
OOC(Zook, make a DC 18 caster check)

"Illusion? This is just a dream."
The man grins.
"But it might be a prophetic dream. For example, the dream might reveal to you that Manticore was a very bad boy with many bounties on his head. Once you get a copy of the official watch statement, you could claim those bounties with House Kundarak -- I think they total 1200-1300 galifars.
The dream might reveal other things as well. Of course, if Zook starts disbelieving in me I'd just have to disappear. Gnomes tend to win against illusions."

Remove ads