• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fire! (Dunamin judging)

DoublePayBack

First Post
[sblock=OOC]This post was a mis-fire. I was making a stat block in advance of my move because I didn't have one already. I accidently fat fingered the enter key and posted it by accident. Sorry.[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]Galindan Rithkan - Male Eladrin Wizard 1
Passive Perception: +1, Passive Insight: +1
Init: +3, Speed: 6, AP: 1, Second Wind: not used
AC:14, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:14
HP:29/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Powers - Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Magic Missle, Scorching Burst
Burning Hands, Fey Step, Wand of Accuracy
Acid Arrow, Phantom Chasm
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Callen moves into the room south of the three beetles. He taps the gem on the back of his gauntlet and unleashes a wave of flame across the beetles in front of Kama'zer. The last one manages to move out of the way but the other two are burnt and it appears that they are damaged by the fire too!

Following through on the success of his burning hands, Callen launches another flame based attack, concentrating a scorching burst on the three. All three are hit squarely with the attack.

[sblock=ooc]Move: R3>R4>R5>S6>T7>S8
Minor: activate Gloves of Piercing (overcome resist 10 for encounter)
Standard: Burning Hands targetting [N9:R13] burning hands vs. b5 b7 b8 vs. ref 12 (1d20+5=10, 1d20+5=19, 1d20+5=24, 2d6+4=11) = miss(B5) hit(B7) hit(B8) for 11 each.
AP: Scorching burst on O10 scorching burst on B5,B7,B8 refl 12 w/Kama'zer's warlord stuff (1d20+6=21, 1d20+6=13, 1d20+6=21, 1d6+4+3=8) = all hit for 8 each.

Callen Stewart - Male Human Wizard 2
Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18
Init: +1, Speed: 6, AP: 0, Second Wind: not used
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:16, Will:16
HP:28/28, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:8/8
Burning Hands, Shield, Staff of Defense
Freezing Cloud, Healing Word, Gloves of Piercing[/sblock]

EDIT: added AP use

Last edited:

DoublePayBack

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Since Goeth's move doesn't impact mine because of the location I am going to post now while I have time[/sblock]

Galinndan opens the door to the south and races into the room. As he moves past the organ the 3 fire beetles, who are still recovering from the torching Callen gave to them, come into view. Galinndan stops abruptly and with a swift motion of his hands, sends a magic missle flying at the beetle nearest him (B8). The missle just misses and goes sailing by into a distant wall. Galinndan lets loose a second attack and casts Phantom Chasm on the entire cluster of 3 beetles which now stand before him. The pyschic blast strikes the beetles who let out a shreek and are immobilized by the mental trauma.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor: Open door at U12
Move: Start at V12 -> End at T10
Standard: Magic Missle targeting beetle B8 in square P9 Magic Missle on Beetle B8 vs. Ref 12 (1d20+4=9) = miss
AP: Phantom Chasm targeting B8, B7, B5 by casting at square P10 -w- burst 1 Phantom Chasm targeting beetles B8, B7, B5 vs Ref 12 (1d20+4=12, 1d20+4=24 critical, 1d20+4=15, 2d6+4=10) = all hit for 10 on B8 and B5, 16 on B7 for critical. Beetles are immobilized until end of Galinndan's next turn.

Galindan Rithkan - Male Eladrin Wizard 1
[/sblock]

DoublePayBack

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Since Goeth's move doesn't impact mine because of the location I am going to post now while I have time[/sblock]

Galinndan opens the door to the south and races into the room. As he moves past the organ the 3 fire beetles, who are still recovering from the torching Callen gave to them, come into view. Galinndan stops abruptly and with a swift motion of his hands, sends a magic missle flying at the beetle nearest him (B8). The missle just misses and goes sailing by into a distant wall. Galinndan lets loose a second attack and casts Phantom Chasm on the entire cluster of 3 beetles which now stand before him. The pyschic blast strikes the beetles who let out a shreek and are immobilized by the mental trauma.

[sblock=OOC]
Minor: Open door at U12
Move: Start at V12 -> End at T10
Standard: Magic Missle targeting beetle B8 in square P9 Magic Missle on Beetle B8 vs. Ref 12 (1d20+4=9) = miss
AP: Phantom Chasm targeting B8, B7, B5 by casting at square P10 -w- burst 1 Phantom Chasm targeting beetles B8, B7, B5 vs Ref 12 (1d20+4=12, 1d20+4=24 critical, 1d20+4=15, 2d6+4=10) = all hit for 10 on B8 and B5, 16 on B7 for critical. Beetles are immobilized until end of Galinndan's next turn.

Galindan Rithkan - Male Eladrin Wizard 1
[/sblock]

[sblock]I missed a few things on my turn. I meant O10, not P10 for the phantom chasm target square. I was looking at the labels, not the icons and was 1 square off. I also forgot to add +3 to my damage roll and +1 to my hit roll due to Kama'zer's tactical presence when I used my AP. Also, the beetles who are hit are also thrown prone until the end of their turn[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Action Changes]
Goeth, you can't reach G7 because of the pews (difficult terrain). And you couldn't use Warlock's Curse on Beetle 1 from there anyway, since Beetle 3 would be the closest enemy. So I'm going to move you to D8 or E8 instead.

If you had used a ranged attack at Beetle 1 from G7, you wouldn't get Prime Shot (because Solon is closer than you) and you would open yourself up to an OA from Beetle 3 (and also Imp 1, but you didn't know about it when you posted). If I put you in E8, you WOULD get Prime Shot, which is good, but you'd open yourself to both of those OA's. If I put you in D8, you'd get no Prime Shot, but no OA's.

Since your posted action wouldn't give you Prime Shot, I'm going to assume it's not that important to you, so I'll put you in D8 where you don't provoke any OA's. (I think it's reasonable to think that, even if you were ok with the one OA from the beetle you knew about when you were posting, you might not be ok with provoking two.)

EDIT: I just realized the Imp can't make an OA against you anyway, since it has Reach 0. I've already decided on D8, though.

As Galinndan noted, Phantom Chasm targets a burst 1 around O10, not P10, and he missed some modifiers. His final attack rolls are vs Will: 13 vs Beetle 8 (hit for 13), 25 vs Beetle 7 (crit for 19), 16 vs Beetle 5 (hit for 13), and all are knocked prone.
[/sblock]

Callen's blasts send two huge surges of fire washing over the beetles. The furthest one is barely affected, but the others' shells crack and blister. The beetles writhe with horrible chittering screams.

The gnome spins around, one hand in the doorway, and yells, "No! How? HOW? The fires are MINE!" He stretches out a vengeful hand towards Callen and flames begin to flicker between his fingers...

He is just in time to see Goeth move into place behind his brother and fire a bolt of purple energy at another beetle, gouging a smoking pit in its shell, beneath which is an eerie red light.

Suddenly the ground gives way into a huge pit beneath the injured beetles. Pews comes loose and tumble into the pit until they are lost to view. The insects' claws scrabble vainly at the edges of the pit in an effort to keep from falling. In an instant the illusion is gone and the pit is back to normal, but the beetles primitive insect brains are unable to cope with the sudden change. Two spasm and die instantly from the shock; the other lies on its back, legs twitching, unable to right itself.

[sblock=Status]
Callen moves to S8, activates his gloves, and uses Burning Hands and Scorching Burst: 8 damage to Beetle 5, 19 damage each to Beetle 7 and Beetle 8 (bloodying them).

The gnome's posing is just fluff - it won't have any effect until his next turn.

Goeth moves to D8, uses Warlock's Curse on Beetle 1, and hits it with Eldritch Blast for 14 damage, bloodying it.

Galinndan opens the door at U12, moves to T10, misses with Magic Missle, and hits with Phantom Chasm: Beetle 8 takes 13 damage, killing it. Beetle 7 takes 19 damage, killing it. Beetle 5 takes 13 damage, bloodying it, and is prone and immobilized until the end of its next turn.

The big double doors at Q3/R4, and the doors at B5, F14, N20 and U12 are open. The door at H18 is destroyed. The rest are closed.

Mri'Thas's turn again!

26 - M - Mri'Thas (28/35 hp)
23 - K - Kama'zer (7/31 hp)
11 - T - Ts'iri (35/35 hp, concealment until EONT)
9 - S - Solon (9/25 hp)
9 - W - Soldier (1/36 hp, dazed (save ends))
9 - A - Arsonist (11 damage, concealment due to Heat Haze)
8 - B1 - Beetle 1 (28 damage, cursed by Goeth, concealment due to Heat Haze)
8 - B2 - Beetle 2 (9 damage)
8 - B3 - Beetle 3 (0 damage)
8 - B4 - Beetle 4 (0 damage, concealment due to Heat Haze)
8 - B5 - Beetle 5 (21 damage, used Fire Spray, prone and immobilized until end of next turn)
8 - B6 - Beetle 6 (36 damage)
8 - B7 - Beetle 7 (38 damage, used Fire Spray)
8 - B8 - Beetle 8 (32 damage, used Fire Spray)
28 - I1 - Imp 1 (0 damage, used Tail Sting)
28 - I2 - Imp 2 (0 damage)
7 - C - Callen (28/28 hp)
5 - G - Goeth (34/34 hp)
4 - R - Galinndan (29/29 hp)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads