Fire Mountain Games - 5 years since funding - communication thread

kevin_video

Explorer
It's heartbreaking to finally get a Paizo newsletter for the first time in literal months (their server was doing terribly for so long) and see Book 2 and Book 7 of Way of the Wicked be in the Top 10, and know that Throne of Night could have been part of that too. But nope. We don't get to experience that, and neither does Gary.

Makes me wish I'd won the lottery this weekend so one way or another this could finally be behind us.

kevin_video

Explorer
So, something was discovered, and people are posting it in the comments. There's a term and regulation of rights for us backers that we can push for. Just copy and paste the lower into the comment section of Throne of Night. It's doubtful for that KS is going to care in even the slightest, but at least we're making out stand.

-------------------------------------------

I invoke my rights under Kickstarter's Terms of Use:

https://www.kickstarter.com/terms-of-use/oct2012

"Project Creators are required to fulfill all rewards of their successful fundraising campaigns or refund any Backer whose reward they do not or cannot fulfill."

I demand a full refund for my pledge amount

TheSword

Legend
I’ve got two questions for the community really?

Is there any mileage in trying to reach out to Gary McBride. Clearly he ignores emails from us or Kickstarter. Does anyone else know him personally or is able to get a contact through to him in person. Does he still live in Oregon? He was employed in the games industry for decades so there must be contacts there.

Secondly are we any closer to a legal challenge? This is actually something I would be willing to contribute to. It seems pretty outrageous that Kickstarter tells us legal recourse is our only option but it isn’t available to international backers.

Rob

If you paid with a credit card (always good advice), all you had to do was contact them and dispute the charge. Since you never received the goods or services you paid for, they would refund your money and take it way from Gary or Kickstarter, whoever the payment actually went to. If it went to KS and they in turn paid Gary, then KS would be theones to have to go after Gary, not you.

I've never had to do it on a KS, but I've done it with other businesses and it's easy.

Even after 6 years?
I don't know, you'll have to look at your legal contract with your credit card company. Or you know, call them and ask :)

And of course, next time don't wait six years. I mean at what point did you give up on getting the product? 6 months? Given them a call then.

kevin_video

Explorer
I don't know, you'll have to look at your legal contract with your credit card company. Or you know, call them and ask :)

And of course, next time don't wait six years. I mean at what point did you give up on getting the product? 6 months? Given them a call then.
The problem is that 'by contract', they're allowed to be given five years.

Remove ads