Firefox email extensions

Seonaid

Explorer
On my desktop computer, I have the email_notifier toolbar extension installed, which checks all of my gmail, hotmail, and yahoo accounts in one neat package (well, except that the hotmail one doesn't work). However, the extension has been removed from downloading by an administrator, so I'm looking for a new one to check my email on my laptop. I found a good one for gmail, but so far all of the yahoo ones only check one account.

Does anyone know of an extension (or a Windows program) that checks multiple accounts on either multiple emails or multiple accounts on yahoo?

xmanii

Explorer
I use Trillian to check my yahoo and hotmail accounts. Not sure if they will check more then one account though.
As a bonus, you can use Trillian for all your instant messenger accounts.

Seonaid

Explorer
Yeah, Trillian does do this, but I'm sick of it. The interface has begun to annoy me greatly. I kind of want to get away from the IMing world anyway. Thanks though. :)

Although, wait: how does it check Hotmail? Is that the same as MSN?

xmanii

Explorer
It's been awhile, but it does. Don't think I did anything special to make it work. You may have to poke around some, to see if there are any settings.

You do know that there will be a new Trillian released? It will be called Astra, and you can learn more about it here: http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/ap/

Seonaid

Explorer
Sweet, thanks. I'll check it out. :D

Edit: Whoa, that looks hot. I'll have to wait to see it when it actually betas, but it looks good so far!

Last edited:

Remove ads