• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fluid's Boards Down

herald

First Post
So it would appear that Fluid's message boards died over the weekend. Does anyone one know if it was shut down or did it crash?

There had been some talk that there might have been a patch for E-tools by mid last week, after that time had past, I wouldn't be surprised that Fluid closed it to prevent huge flaming messages from taking it over.

unregistered

First Post
No patch. That was just a rumor by hopeful posters stating that they believe a patch was due out mid-october.

Fluid's e-tool's forum board is down probably because they wish to forget that e-tools was ever created. Out of site, out of mind.

Well, the last bit is my own speculation.

Anyways, bottom line:
No Patch was released.
Fluid's E-Tools board is down. Why? It's any one's guess (except those at fluid).
There is no eta when the board will be back up if ever.

Arnix

First Post
I have seen the thing thatw as e-tools.

I have attempted to use the thing that was e-tools.

Am I glad that I checked a friend's copy before I spent my cash on the thing that was e-tools? Yes.

That money went toward purchasing more gaming books. The last thing I needed was another piece of software without support to clutter my unused game cd rack.

tetsujin28

First Post
e-tools

Is it really that sucky? I haven't been keeping track of the Artist formerly known as Master Tools for quite some time, but I was hoping that it'd be sussed out, by now. *sigh* I guess the computer industry's always the same.

Fast Learner

First Post
No, it isn't that sucky. I use it all the time and like it a lot.

Some people are reasonably happy with it, like me.

Some people hate it.

The people who hate it are much more vocal than those who appreciate it.

unregistered

First Post
To be fair,

Yes, e-tools is usable early in a campaign. When characters get more complicated and you want to create some custom prestige classes, you'll have to use the e-tools patch.

E-TOOLS PATCH v.2.0
SPR70215.GIF

Klintus Fang

First Post
Re: e-tools

tetsujin28 said:
*sigh* I guess the computer industry's always the same.

**double sigh**

WoTC's handling of eTools is not at all typical of the software industry. Most companies that produce software support the products they produce at least until they become obsolete.

So far, WoTC is not supporting their product, which is very atypical of the software industry. I know of no software product I have purchased that 1) obviously needed a patch (its impossible to print a Cleric correctly in eTools unless he has no domains), and which also 2) didn't have at least one patch released within two months after its release. Usually by this time, multiple patches are already released.

on the subject of eTools:
eTools is marginally useful unpatched. It could potentially be very useful if WoTC would fix it. I realize that if any patch is made that Fluid is going to do it, but nonetheless, WoTC payed for this thing and WoTC is the one selling it, so regradless of who will or might create a patch, the buck stops at WoTC's door step. I also realize that WoTC did officially state that "Fluid is working on a patch" but they haven't given us a time frame.

Remove ads