Flying Buffalo D20?

starwolf

First Post
Falcon as you can see from the following:

starwolf said:
With all due respect gentleman, I don't see whyy they would need to "update" the city guides for d20, since they were so generic to begin with. As a matter of fact, they shoud be even easier to use with 3e than they were with 1st ed. or 2nd ed.
and

These books are excellent IMNSHO and shouldn't need the d20 logo to sell.

As to converting.... The only part of the books that really would require d20 stats are the NPC's themselves, and a quick use of Jamis Buck's online generator can give you a usable stat block real quick like, and when E-Tools ever finally hit's the shelves you won't even need that

I agree with you...however others don't necessarily agree with us
and that is OK.....hey not everybody's an old grognard like me...so maybe they "want" stat-blocks...who am I to argue.

Rick Loomis

First Post
Flying Buffalo/Catalyst/D20

Someone kindly pointed out this thread to me and I thought I would reply. Although Flying Buffalo is the oldest game company remaining still under original management (me) we are pretty small. So can only work on one or two projects at a time. All of the Citybooks except for #6 are currently still in print and available. When we run out of them, we plan to reprint and add the D20 statistics to the back of them. (If the guy who says he is going to make them all up would contact me maybe we can work a deal!) Meanwhile the Traps books are all currently out of print, and we are working to reprint them. We will be adding the D20 numbers to them as we go. Traps Too will be the first. I delayed the publication of the new Traps Too because Necromancer Games wanted to first put out the "Wurst of Grimtooth" in hardcover. If that's a big success, I might let them do the citybooks in hardcover. Meanwhile my next two projects are Traps Too D20, and the other two Lost Worlds KODT books. I also plan to contact the author of the Heroes of Legend books and see if we can get the reprint rights. Rick Loomis

Jon Potter

First Post
Re: Flying Buffalo/Catalyst/D20

Rick Loomis said:
(If the guy who says he is going to make them all up would contact me maybe we can work a deal!)

starwolf said:
Mr. Loomis,

Just in case my e-mail doesn't go thru, maybe we can work out a deal.

Aaahhh... The seed has been planted and my plan begins to blossom.

<Rings hands in a most evil fashion>

:D

Jon Potter

First Post
I totally agree

JoeGKushner said:
Let me be the first to state that city books in hardcover with D20 stats would be a fantastic option. Fantastic.

I'd most likely buy it even though I already have all the volumes except 6. Although, just from looking at the existing books lined up on my shelf, that would be a pretty weighty tome.

Katerek

Iconic Gnoll
A City Books Hardcover? Are you kidding me? This would be absolutely fantastic!!!!!

To help be realistic, I game regularly with about 15 different people, I know I would buy one and I can guarentee that at least two other people I game with would by one each. So in my tiny demographic there is a 1/3 buy in. The others are all players, they don't run.

Remove ads