• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

FoB, Ki point, and speed

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
I'm currently playing a monk and I get three attacks with Flurry of Blows. I know I can use a Ki point to get another attack with FoB. I was thinking of getting a weapon with the speed ability, which also gives you one more attack with a full attack action. In the Core Rulebook, speed says that "this benefit is not cumulative with similar effects, such as a haste spell."

The entry for Ki point doesn't say anything about not stacking with speed or haste, so could I use a speed enhanced weapon and use a Ki point to get five attacks with Flurry of Blows?

Starbuck_II

First Post
I'm currently playing a monk and I get three attacks with Flurry of Blows. I know I can use a Ki point to get another attack with FoB. I was thinking of getting a weapon with the speed ability, which also gives you one more attack with a full attack action. In the Core Rulebook, speed says that "this benefit is not cumulative with similar effects, such as a haste spell."

The entry for Ki point doesn't say anything about not stacking with speed or haste, so could I use a speed enhanced weapon and use a Ki point to get five attacks with Flurry of Blows?

Similar: as in Haste, Speed weapons (meaning no having more than 1 speed weapon), etc.

Ki pool is not a Speed/Haste effect.

So yes, you can combine it.

Zil

Explorer
I'd have to agree with Starbuck_II. The extra flurry attack you get from expending Ki is not a haste effect so combining it with haste should be fine. That's how our group plays it.

Remove ads