For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

crystorix

Explorer
Well, since Argus has just proven himself fairly adept at pounding things with a quarterstaff, I suggest he hold onto the Hand of Malagar.

And I'm not sure about Gadreman or Argus, but the rest of us big folk are pretty avowed true bow users, so maybe we should just sell the heavy crossbow.

Last edited:

crystorix

Explorer
Well, if Fleck doesn't want it for research purposes, I have no problem with that. I just wonder if we'll be able to find a buyer.

Also, Fleck, you haven't claimed the arcane scrolls. Do they not interest you?

Arkhandus

First Post
Alright, Argus will lay claim to the Hand of Malagar since it's unlikely anyone else will even want to use the thing, let alone if it's cursed. Argus already feels cursed, so he doesn't care. {:^D He'll take the white opal from the spirit naga's cache, and from the xills that he helped slay he'll take the fiery yellow corundum, carnelian, and rhodochrosite; these gemstones are worth 2,370 GP according to Memnus' list. Argus will probably put it towards enchanting his shortbow or getting something new and mildly useful, if I can find anything in the 3.5 SRD for 2000GP- that's of some use to him (his AC could only be salvaged by horrendous amounts of wealth wasted on +Dex, +Wis, and +AC items of high cost, so it's not even worth bothering with; he'll just remain a paper tiger :^) .

Argus has no use for the crossbow or whatnot, but maybe Meier or Kirran could get some small use out of it? (well, probably not Kirran given 3.5's funky weapon-size rules) Argus will forego either the white opal or the yellow corundum if anyone thinks what he's claimed is too much of a share.

From item identification, do we learn what the curse is on the Hand of Malagar? Is it just the reduced enhancements/abilities outside the Ethereal Plane? Just curious, as I said Argus doesn't really care about carrying around something cursed like he considers himself to already be.

crystorix

Explorer
Ark, my impression was that the curse was the reduced capabilities. If it is something worse than that, I would not want to suggest you take it.

And those gems you selected are close to 1/7 of the current liquid value, that seems ok, but since we have are still considering liquidating more items (principly the xbow and the Eye), maybe you'll just want to wait on that and take 1/7 of the final liquid total.

Arkhandus

First Post
The quarterstaff is worth more though cursed or not, so Argus wouldn't take any more of the 'liquid assets' if the quartertstaff is identified as having the traits Memnus listed; double weapons are hella expensive to empower in 3.5 because they're now required to have both ends enchanted at once, doubling the cost. That's why Argus hadn't bothered using his money earlier to enchant his own masterwork quarterstaff. Thus the mention that Argus will forego some of the liquid assets if this is deemed too much a share. Regardless he wouldn't take any more than what I've already listed, I just claimed enough gems to afford something like enchanting Argus' bow or getting him some minor magic item.

Memnus

First Post
Both ends can be enchanted separately, they do not have to be the same (my treasure generator is still written to the 3.0 method; this is actually the first time I'd noticed that change). The reduced capability is the only curse: On the material plane, one end is +1 ghost touch, the other simply masterwork; on the ethereal, both ends are +2 ghost touch disruption. Even with just the lesser abilities, that's an 8,600 gp weapon. If you find a way onto the ethereal in a zone that's not trying to build a prison out of shadow and seperate from the material, you have a 100,000 gp weapon and float around slaying undead with impunity. (Fortunately, the ethereal plane isn't easily accessible for another four character levels.)

The only ones who would be particularly interested in the Eye are the Dreamwalkers, and they're not really in a position to afford to pay for it. Fleck may claim it as part of his share, though, and pass it along as a charity. He'll also take the Immovable Rod if no one else has a use for it; knowing him, it'll probably become a carpentry tool somehow.

With Rolf, Argus and Fleck taking powerful magic items, maybe the liquid assets should only split four ways.

Edit: Emiricol, I tried to send the XP sheet, but it didn't go through; if you haven't gotten it by Sunday, let me know and I'll put it on webspace long enough for you to grab it.

Last edited:

crystorix

Explorer
Well, then Rolf would still be broke, but he could hide well while being broke.

From Rolf's point of view, he's just the primary caretaker of a piece of party treasure. If there's a scouting mission that he's not a part of, he'll lend it out.

And Fleck shouldn't be expected to give up his share of party treasure for something that isn't even very useful to him.

Remove ads