• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Arkhandus

First Post
The following items amidst the treasure are magical according to Fleck or others casting Detect Magic shortly after the battle. I'll add the school of magic detected on each later, when I can access the SRD (never wrote down the schools).

Jewelry-Related Items: adamantine ring etched with elaborate patterns, iron rod 1/2-foot-long with gold wire wrapped around one tip, thin silver stick 1-foot-long with violet amethyst attached at one end by silver wire.
Arms & Armor: small masterwork leather armor, small masterwork breastplate.
Miscellaneous Items: 4 tiny bags of fine gray-and-brown dust, 2 vials of orange fluid, 2 vials of bubbly red fluid, bottle of murky amber fluid.

Combat XP for this session: 1,030 XP each for Fleck, Valdir, Rolf, and Argus. Roleplaying Xp and such for this and last time's session will be handled separately later on the server, when next we meet.

Memnus

First Post
Re creating a new character: A 9th level character with "standard" 9th level equipment will have a ridiculous amount of gear compared to the rest of the party. I think the rest of us are averaging between 10 and 15,000 gold worth of Stuff.

In 3.5, Divination is the one school that nobody can be banned from. Fleck doesn't know Identify, but does keep his lab stocked with anything he could possibly need to set up shop on any reasonably level patch of ground. If he gets a chance, though, he'll buy a scroll of ID in the next town and then learn it for future use.

crystorix

Explorer
For Rolf, he only has the ring of chameleon power and the goggles of following, and he doesn't even see himself as the owner of the ring, just its holder. Thats 12700 + 2500 + 2000 gold he had plus the new 2000, for a total value of 19,200, plus masterwork sword and some other mundane equipment. But still under 20,000, and that's including one of the most expensive items this group has seen.

Arkhandus

First Post
Yeesh, I wasn't aware that everyone was only slightly less worse-off than Argus in terms of wealth. {:^D Until he took the Hand of Malagar for treasure, he was saving up to pay for enchanting his own masterwork quarterstaff to +1/+1 but still couldn't afford the 4,000 GP cost, after he had wasted some money on a few healing potions.....

Sly/Evandariel, for now use 16,000 GP instead for starting gear. I suppose I'll be catching the party up in magic items or whatnot over the next several weeks/months. Hrum. Just have to figure out how, eh?

firehorse

First Post
Ditto here as far as magic items go. I've only got +1 shadow studded leather, a +1 mighty strength bow, a quiver of efficiency and boots of elvenkind. Tallied up, around 11000 gp of stuff plus another 4000gp of gems/etc.

I'm okay if we wait to get to town to RP the treasure.

firehorse

First Post
By the way, as a suggestion: These megakobolds could have been guarding the lair of a recently-deceased dragon..... ;-)

That would bring our treasure tally up a bit.

Memnus

First Post
Ark, a note - daylight savings time just started for the rest of us, so we're an hour early relative to you now. Up to you whether you want to start at normal time for you, or for the rest of us ... makes no difference to me either way, but others might have differing opinions.

firehorse

First Post
Hmmm. Unforeseen problems....

I've started up a server so we can at least be on when the others get here.

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Hey folks, sorry I couldn't post earlier, but I won't be able to run the game today. Internet connection went down for several hours today, and is completely unreliable at the moment.

Unfortunately, I can't run the game next Sunday either, because it turns out I'll be out of town that weekend. !@^!#$^!&!@#

I should be able to resume running the game again on April 24th.

I loathe my internet provider.......

Remove ads