• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Arkhandus

First Post
Yeah, I noticed that my server disappeared from the list for a minute or two at least, but Valdir and Fleck reconnected after a few minutes. We just finished about two more turns and that was it. The last of that group of kobolds was felled, though only a few of them are actually dead, the rest are unconscious and bleeding to death. Here's a quick recant of this session, for everyone:

Rolf, Valdir, Fleck, Argus, and Snake left the Kinrisari city of Lurawn a little before noon and traveled along the road for a day or two, then turned off the road and trekked through a wilderness shortcut Snake knew of. They traveled straight north-west towards the next city, going several days through slightly rough, slightly soggy terrain before passing through a forest. Along the way they discussed their options, and considered the possibility of paying for passage by ship to Pari Ka'ansa once they get to the next city, which lies on the coast. However, near the northern end of the forest the party started to enter a clearing, and as they did, Valdir, Rolf, Snake, and their mounts were sprayed with acidic gas as something passed overhead just above the trees, a shadow passing over them that they guessed to be a dragon, and it turned out true.

Rolf's and Snake's horses died from the acid spray, while Valdir's horse suffered moderate injuries as it wheeled around towards the treeline. Valdir and Rolf themselves were wounded, as was pupped, but Snake got off his horse and under the trees in time to avoid the acid. The party healed up a bit, and tried moving on, but as they started to leave the forest's northern edge, the green dragon passed overhead again and sprayed acid again at Valdir and Snake, wounding the elf but missing the nimble Argossean fellow. Valdir, Argus, and Snake launched arrows at the dragon flying off northeast, putting a few arrows into its rear left leg and its haunches, while Rolf conjured up a small lightning bolt from the sky to singe it, followed by Fleck casting a lightning bolt at the dragon too. The beast almost avoided both blasts of lightning, but was slightly scorched by them and screeched in anger as it flew off. Fleck had tried a spell to paralyze it, but apparently failed. The dragon escaped and disappeared beneath some small hills.

The party brainstormed and headed west through the northern edge of the woods, hoping the dragon would come by so they could ambush it this time. Rolf flew overhead in the form of an eagle to keep watch, but the dragon did not return by air. Instead, some time later, the party was attacked by kobolds hiding under the ground in small hidey-holes, covered over by shrubbery and foliage that Valdir and Fleck noticed as suspect, so the kobolds did not surprise them. These were little more than average kobolds, wielding spears and throwing axes, which the party defeated with little difficulty, though there were nearly a dozen to cut down. Fleck polymorphed his familiar Bristletail into a great big hydra with many heads, which helped take down a few kobolds. Valdir and Fleck took only one or two grazing wounds during the fight.

However, all was not well and finished. Shortly after the kobold fight started, another kobold far to the south somewhere blasted a warhorn, after hearing one of the kobold ambushers shout for the attack to commence. Thus by the end of the little scuffle, four more kobolds were approaching, two from the east and two from the west, all clad in the same heavy plate armor and riding giant stag beetles. They were similar to the kobold brigands the party fought a week or two ago, before reaching the small town of Salim Mi'nansa on the way to Lurawn. Also approaching now was the green dragon, lumbering up from the south while crawling low to the ground, its lush green scales almost blending in with the undergrowth, but for its size. The dragon was larger than an ogre, but not quite so much as a hill giant by the party's estimates, and now it was approaching while they were flanked by what looked like more elite kobold warriors.

Soon the party will see if these kobolds are as skilled as those that were defeated on the road, and see if they can take down the dragon now that it's worn them down a tad with acidic fly-bys and ambushing minions. Fortunately, the party has a few hundred feet between them and the approaching enemies, so there's still time for some pot-shots or perhaps a chance to mount up and flee northward...... And of course, Rolf and Fleck still have most of their spells, Bristletail is still in hydra form, and everyone's nearly at full hit points, whereas the dragon is likely still wounded, and its minions are slow from heavy armor, likely burdening their giant stag beetles.

Memnus

First Post
So graduation's tomorrow, and I'm being dragged off to a family barbeque in Pasedena for the evening. Given that it's neither my family nor my graduation, I wish I had a choice, but I won't be here.

As for battle plans, Bristletail has 9 minutes of polymorph left, and will handle the kobolds on one side. Hopefully with a 15' reach on 9 attacks at +13 for 1d10+5, his 23 hit points won't be a factor. He'll focus on kobolds, hoping the steeds are less useful without riders; if the first two go down easily enough, he'll head around to get the other two. Under no circumstances will he voluntarily approach the dragon.

Fleck will be adamant that everybody spread out in order to be least affected by the acid breath. At 190' range he has two Phantasmal Killers prepped to try. Once those fail, he'll cast Fly on himself to be more mobile, then work with shoot-and-scoot tactics on lightning bolts (keeping low and in the trees, though, assuming the dragon would be a better flier in open air).

Memnus

First Post
Hey all - I'm about to take a friend to the doctor. I've no idea how long a wait this entails.

I DO EXPECT TO BE AVAILABLE TONIGHT. If this takes more than four hours, I'll be pissed. But if I'm not here, this is why.

Arkhandus

First Post
Unfortunately, I will not be available tonight as far as I know. I'm very busy today and I have to leave the house a little past 5pm, and I don't expect I'll be back in time to run the game at 6 or 7 pm, besides the fact that I have still more work to do after I get home.

So I won't be able to run FMTG tonight, sorry.

Arkhandus

First Post
I don't expect any problems DMing this Sunday (the 28th) but I would appreciate it if someone other than me runs the server; my internet connection's been unreliable this week and I know that if I were to run the server, it'd probably crash/disconnect every half hour or so. I may get disconnected for a few minutes at a time, or possibly for half an hour or so at some point, but most of the week my connection's only been going out for 1-5 minutes at a time. I'm trying to find out what the hell my cable provider is doing to cause such a crappy internet connection.

Remove ads