For More Than Glory (Emiricol's Campaign)

Steven7

First Post
next week before we start, I'd like to ask everyone their thoughts on how we could speed up our game, we just cleared two sleeping rooms, a hallway, and killed 3 guys, 1 of which was killed practically before combat began.

also, if it's not too much to ask I'd personally like to see a little more interaction, I feel like I'm talking to, or travelling with brick walls, for example all I know about Lurass' character is she is an elf bard that likes to party apart from that I don't think I've heard her say anything other than a song lyric.

It's really hard to spy on and ultimately betray you guys if you never give me anything to spy on and betray you with...

Jaedlyn

First Post
Just have multiple courses of action ready ahead of time. Yesterday I was going to either FoD the mage, or if he somehow died, enervate one of the big guys. Luckily the mage was just in range for FoD too. Having two courses of action plotted out ahead of time is usually enough. And try to keep it not complicated. Elaborate plans of action are great now and then, but not every turn of every session.

Of course every now and then something will happen that turns your planned courses of action upside down, but that should only happen one round out of 10 maybe.

You can take this one step forward by prewriting your actions into notepad while the others go and then copy/paste.

The first round will always move at a crawl, things should speed up after that though. The reason you cannot come up with a complicated plan is that we aren't at a gaming table together, with normal D+D asking "Hey will this work" as the thought comes to you is fast and easy. Over openrpg its harder for the DM To know exactly what your talking about. Will a readied telekinesis be able to give me some cover from falling rocks? Maybe, but the session isn't the time for me to figure that out. I'll just teleport or Dimension door instead.

Last edited:

Steven7

First Post
power supply in my PC died without warning, tested it, totally dead, barely made it to fry's before they closed, logging on now.

firehorse

First Post
next week before we start, I'd like to ask everyone their thoughts on how we could speed up our game, we just cleared two sleeping rooms, a hallway, and killed 3 guys, 1 of which was killed practically before combat began.

also, if it's not too much to ask I'd personally like to see a little more interaction, I feel like I'm talking to, or travelling with brick walls, for example all I know about Lurass' character is she is an elf bard that likes to party apart from that I don't think I've heard her say anything other than a song lyric.

It's really hard to spy on and ultimately betray you guys if you never give me anything to spy on and betray you with...

One thing we are severely under utilizing is the Tavern Thread. Most of the IC chat and strategy discussions between combats used to go on there. The key is that everyone check it on a regular basis.

In the game, I think the best thing to do is have your action ready before your inititative. I'm guilty too, so don't think I'm lecturing. Pre-made macros and the GVM (when working properly) can also speed up things.

Steven7

First Post
I'll post something on "Achu" in the tavern thread. So we can hopefully get right into the swing of things when we meet again.

Steven7

First Post
I might not be able to make it tonight. If I do show I'll probably be an hour to an hour 1/2 late.

Spells Prepared Arcane
Lvl0 4 Remaining today *=used
Lvl 1 6 6 Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Color Spray, Enlarge Person, Tenser's Floating Disk, Feather Fall
Lvl 2 5 6 Invisibility, Darkness, *Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray, Scorching Ray

Lvl 3 5 5 Haste, Fireball, Fly, Fireball, Fireball
Lvl 4 5 5 *Charm Monster, Greater Invisibility, Greater Invisibility, Polymorph, Haste

Lvl 5 3 3 Cone of Cold, *Sending, *Hold Monster
Lvl 6 1 1 Veil

If we get into another serious combat I'll try to Haste, then enlarge someone, then greater invis and fireball chuck after that, if there are multiple targets, if not. I'll attack with my +1 fire frost shortbow. Attacks on a +14/+9 for 3d6 -1 and I have 5 sneak attack damage dice.
If theres a breath weapon I'll wind up being part of, I'll spend one of my mimic class abilities and use it for imp evasion. Otherwise I'll stick with regular evasion which I already have. If theres someone in sneak attack range that absolutely must die, then I'll use razing strike, sacrificing veil, gaining a +6 to the attack roll, a +6 on damage, and +6d6 sneak attack damage if it's a sneak attack, I'll also spend a mimic class ability and add another 2d6 sneak attack on top for a +21 attack vs. ac with 3d6 +5 +13d6 sneak attack.
I'm typing all this because I have no idea how to send you my node right now, and will be to busy to bother with it later.

AC:22
HP:94
Fortsv:11
Refsv:18
Willsv:17

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Okay, here is the totalled-up loot from all the killing you have done since last December (when I took the reins). You all can determine how/what you will take and divide the loot. Fahlias is not claiming anything and advocates just selling/trading it.

42 Large Morningstars
21 Large Hide Armors

48 +1 Large Morningstars
24 +2 Large Chain Shirts
24 Cloak of Resistance +1

7 +1 Falchions
7 +1 Banded Mail
7 Ring of Protection +1

7 +2 Greataxes
7 Masterwork Breastplates
7 Gauntlets of Ogre Strength
7 Amulets of Health +2