For the Greater Good

Lichtenhart

First Post
*When the slavemaster comes to him, Norin meets his gaze, but there's no hate or anger or fear in his eyes. Only pity. Boundless pity. He wonders if he would have become like him, if he had grewn up with his father, rather than at the temple with Xanthos. He wondered how much of this man's sins where due to his uprising, and if he was already beyond redemption. He always felt he should not judge, for he has been lucky, and he should use his faith, his gifts, as a beacon to guide the others into the light, rather than condemn them to eternal shadows. Maybe there's hope for this man too. Maybe.
That's why he doesn't raise his hands to freeze him with golden ice.*
"It is not too late." he whispers to him. "For the night may be long, but it always comes to the dawn. And at its doors you'll find me waiting for you. It is never too late."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*As the Slavemaster inspects each of them, he pauses only briefly at Saint Norin, and walks on without a comment at his entreaty for salvation.*

"Take them inside to the Lesser Audience Chamber," he directs, as he directs four of the guards from the slave pens to swell the numbers of his own personal guard as the dangerous prisoners are moved inside. Another guard takes Aerofax to a stable, while some slaves are directed to take the prisoners' gear in.*

*The "new" slaves are led under the grand entrance to the Baroness' manor. Guards, apparently of the undead type, patrol the halls every now and then, as the party is led to a small, wood-paneled chamber and forced to their knees. There's a screen that blocks any view of the dias, and elegant tapestries on the walls. As the party is arranged to the Slavemaster's liking, he walks over to the Phoenix Knight and looks down on him.*

"That lovely steed of yours, the angel-winged mare that must bring you such pride... You'll be happy to know that she'll have her wings ripped off by demons and will be set to plow the fields until she dies in the traces. Then she'll be raised from the dead to do it again. You will never see her again," he says with evident malice in his voice.

Jaik

First Post
Darren feels his need to strike the Slavemaster, so strong it is almost a physical thing, but he knows that this might be another test to ensure their true nature. He gives an evil leer and steels himself for what is about to occur.

'Nightswallow' smiles. "Not till we see coin though." she reminds him. "I spent a good amount of magic and guile to take these alive." she tells the Slavemaster as she lets the guide's lead them to the audience chamber.

Hesseroph

First Post
Enter Hesseroph, The other white knight!

*Sebastion belts out a mirthless laugh as he brings up a steelplated hand to cover his face soon dripping with a vile chuckling. His posture straightens as his hand slides away revealing a dark and broken sneer.*

"You are to simply kill such a sweet prize? Are all you wretched sadists so simple-minded as to not see the beauty in the opportunity we have presented before you? HA! A beast such as that should be broken, you putrid beast! Made to serve your whims to fall from the grace you all most definitly lack. ...to savor the pain of a dying soul..."

*Sebastion's tongue licks his lips in luscious vulgarity as his gauntleted hand wipes away angry spittle from the corners of his shattered smile. Seemingly lost in his own thought, his eyes filled with hungry malious, he snaps back again towards the Slavemaster.*

"Perhaps... Hmmm... Perhaps we could work something out here dearest Slavemaster. What you lack in imagination, I have in a most divine cruelty. I will forfeit some of my price for the creature so as to instead break its deliciously pure spirit. Perhaps I could even teach you a thing or two, at no extra charge mind you. What say you?"

*Sebastion gazes towards the vile monstrosity before him awaiting some sort of reply*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The Slavemaster looks suitably impressed by Sebastions ruthlessness and gives a respectful nod.*

"Perhaps indeed sir, perhaps indeed. Very well, I shall delay her torture for now and keep her confined for our mutual pleasure after you've had your audience with the Baroness," he says. "Now, would you care for anything else? Refreshments perhaps before your audiance?"

Nightswallow tuts lightly to her companion. "Business first, we must always see to our coin and customers before we see to our own pleasure, ere we spend over long with them. Besides, one doesn't keep the baroness waiting, it is bad form."

doghead

thotd
*Sylinda listens to the words of the others, but keeps silent. She suspects that she should feel something, but what it is is lost in the roaring in her head. She concentrates on keeping her posture slumped and defeated.*

Remove ads