• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E For the post 4E world, what will your game be?

Subumloc

First Post
R: For the post 4E world, what will your game be?

I am currently running a Hunter the Vigil game that`s going to wind down soon, and after that, we are going back to DnD (actually, it will be the first time for a couple of my players).
My plan is to run a Paizo AP but with 4e rules, since I don`t have a lot of time to prep but 4e is our preferred ruleset. 5e didn`t grab us after the first packets, so it`s unlikely that we will consider it. However, in the remote chance that I find a group to play with (as opposed to GMing), I`ll give it a chance.

Shemeska

Adventurer
I'll be starting a new Pathfinder campaign here in about a week and a half.

Because of a job eating my time, I've largely been on gaming hiatus for the past two years. Most of my normal gaming group has been playing a combination of 3.5, Eclipse Phase, and PF during that time in various games. None of them wanted to play 4e when it came out for a variety of reasons, and outside of one of them, I'm not sure that my players are even aware of 5e/Next. In any event I'm not going to start a campaign in system that's still in development, and I'm more than happy with PF so that's what I'll be running for at least two years or more on this new campaign.

Pour

First Post
Finishing up an Epic 4e game (level 26), then beginning a 'generational' game playtesting various systems. Each playtest, complete with a short arc, is going to take place one generation removed from the 4e game, using decendents of the PCs and affiliates of their organizations. I like the idea of each game having its own feel, and subsequently each generation having its own feel, with its own characters and rules. It also allows all the great political and story seeds to germinate. Ultimately, we'll decide a preferred system moving forward, even if it's to stick with a modified 4e. 13th Age might be most likely, but never say never.

I'm also running DCCRPG for a few friends sporatically, which has bee a LOT of fun hehe. We're half way through Sailors on the Starless Sea and really digging the character funnel right now. And the simplicity.

And after two years I'm finally playing again! Friend of mine is running an UltraModern 4e game that promises a year+ of great gaming with talented folks.

Remove ads