Forge of Fury PF system -OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry WD got that miss construde, 10' apart and casting light at 20' so the room is well lit the hallways and all are shadowy.

HM

[sblock=Off Topic Note]
To Mowgli and WD I'm sure you have read the item creation rules for PF so I was wondering are we going to play them as is in LPF?? It takes a wizard about two hours to make a low lvl scroll. And though I wouldn't mind it to give them something to put an unused spell for the day into I just think we should figure how to monitor it in LPF. Should I make a proposal In the Social Group?
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Off Topic Note]
To Mowgli and WD I'm sure you have read the item creation rules for PF so I was wondering are we going to play them as is in LPF?? It takes a wizard about two hours to make a low lvl scroll. And though I wouldn't mind it to give them something to put an unused spell for the day into I just think we should figure how to monitor it in LPF. Should I make a proposal In the Social Group?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Off Topic Response]I'm not a fan of item creation. I think it's a very quick way to break a game unless it's well monitored and the time rules are enforced strictly.

As there's not really much way to do that in the Living World format (with all the different GM's, the different 'time flow' in the Tavern vs. out adventuring, etc. I'd vote against it. There's a reason Pathfinder Society doesn't allow it - I think we should learn from their lesson.

But you should put it up in the Social Group for a vote (so I'll get the chance to vote against it :D).[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post

[sblock=Off Topic Note]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Off Topic Response]I'm not a fan of item creation. I think it's a very quick way to break a game unless it's well monitored and the time rules are enforced strictly.

As there's not really much way to do that in the Living World format (with all the different GM's, the different 'time flow' in the Tavern vs. out adventuring, etc. I'd vote against it. There's a reason Pathfinder Society doesn't allow it - I think we should learn from their lesson.

But you should put it up in the Social Group for a vote (so I'll get the chance to vote against it :D).[/sblock]

[sblock=Off Topic Response]
Never liked player item creation very much. I like the Pathfinder Society approach (with alternate bonuses for the wizard and other classes who gain them by default). Put it up but I'm with Mowgli on this.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Everyone wish for me to post what happens when Ears heads up the tunnel with his everB. torch or do you wish to prep/ready actions before hand?

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]I thought you analyze the aura and that he can see. But it's your decision, you are the DM, HM.[/sblock]

Thanks for the vote of confidence but I think we should go over this so I get it right. Second reason to be playing this game.

ok detect magic says:
3rd round: The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the aura are in line of sight, you can make a Knowledge(arcana) skill checks to determine the school of magic involed in each.

I am open to your suggestions guys, but I take it as you have to see it before you can make the check. Am I missing something?

HM

IronWolf

blank
ok detect magic says:

3rd round: The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the aura are in line of sight, you can make a Knowledge(arcana) skill checks to determine the school of magic involed in each.

I am open to your suggestions guys, but I take it as you have to see it before you can make the check. Am I missing something?

Judging from that it looks like the item or object would need to be visible to determine the school of magic.

Remove ads