D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

basilforth

Explorer
Thank you for the analysis.

Honestly, I would consider DnD Beyond if it was "buy the digital content" or "subscribe". But it is hard to swallow doing both. Especially if the digital content might disappear one day.

autumnlantern

First Post
I wouldnt use it then. Id use the old system and add in the new stuff manually.

Im firmly in the "forged, find a new place to host the sheet under a different name camp"

JasonCarrier

First Post
I wouldnt use it then. Id use the old system and add in the new stuff manually.

Im firmly in the "forged, find a new place to host the sheet under a different name camp"

I completely agree with this. Also I am willing to bet it wont take long for logins to make the rounds like you get with other paid sites.

Thanil

First Post
Does anyone have a link to download on another site/torrent/whatever the latest beta version that had Xanthar's stuff incorporated in it?

Soeveth

First Post
I sent a email to Lawful Masses with Leonard French, he is a copyright attorney and has youtube channel that deals with copyright material asking if he could cover this and asked for his opinion if this would fall under fair use.

I do believe it does fall under fair use based on his passed examples and videos but Im no expert.

Timtumm

Explorer
There is no way I am buying another WotC product again as long as the Forged Anvil takedown is in effect. Let's bring those lawyers to their knees.

ShadowO

First Post
For a general player, their tools are only useful for the character creator, but the prices to unlock anything useful are INSANE.

Until D&DBeyond offers an option to unlock content you already own physically, I'll be damned if I give one cent to them. I'll likely even stop buying physical books and my groups will just share one amongst us or find other means to view the content.

Remove ads