• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Bonescan

First Post
#Ref in body

A. I removed everything from the body and I still have #Ref for the body.

CharacterSheet.JPG

Start.JPG

CharacterSheetII.jpg

B. Got it, thanks!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
A. I removed everything from the body and I still have #Ref for the body.

This issue usually occurs if you CUT and PASTE a cell of the same size. I always highly recommend using COPY and PASTE > VALUES or PASTE > FORMULA. To remove this error transfer your character using the transfer tool again to the latest version

Conandar

Explorer
Rangers are able to select their archetype at level 1 even though it should not be selected until level 3.

In the summary block on the Start page and CSII page there is a problem with feats when multiclassing. For example, I have a 12 Monk / 1 Rogue, and I selected ASI's for 4 and 8, and a feat at level 12. The problem is that I took the level of Rogue at level 7, so the second ASI is at level 9 (Monk level 8) and the Feat is at level 13 (Monk level 12). The ASI shows the correct levels (4 and 9), but the Feat is showing 12 (instead of the correct 13). A nitpicky thing, to be sure.

On the start page, in the area where the ASI or Feats are selected, it only shows the level, not the class. If you have a multiclass character with 2 or 3 classes, and at least 4 levels in each, the tool just shows Level 4 ASI/Feat for each class. While not necessary, it would be nice to note which class got the ASI/Feat. For example: Level 4 (Monk) ASI/Feat, Level 4 (Rogue) ASI/Feat, Level 4 (Ranger) ASI/Feat, etc. In this example the character gets 3 ASI/Feats, and they are all at level 4, but the tool does not differentiate which class gets the particular selection. It's just a nitpicky thing, I know, and doesn't actually affect the usefulness of the tool!

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Rangers are able to select their archetype at level 1 even though it should not be selected until level 3.

In the summary block on the Start page and CSII page there is a problem with feats when multiclassing. For example, I have a 12 Monk / 1 Rogue, and I selected ASI's for 4 and 8, and a feat at level 12. The problem is that I took the level of Rogue at level 7, so the second ASI is at level 9 (Monk level 8) and the Feat is at level 13 (Monk level 12). The ASI shows the correct levels (4 and 9), but the Feat is showing 12 (instead of the correct 13). A nitpicky thing, to be sure.

On the start page, in the area where the ASI or Feats are selected, it only shows the level, not the class. If you have a multiclass character with 2 or 3 classes, and at least 4 levels in each, the tool just shows Level 4 ASI/Feat for each class. While not necessary, it would be nice to note which class got the ASI/Feat. For example: Level 4 (Monk) ASI/Feat, Level 4 (Rogue) ASI/Feat, Level 4 (Ranger) ASI/Feat, etc. In this example the character gets 3 ASI/Feats, and they are all at level 4, but the tool does not differentiate which class gets the particular selection. It's just a nitpicky thing, I know, and doesn't actually affect the usefulness of the tool!

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Rangers now correctly select their archetype at level 3 (v1.59)
2 & 3. Updated to show only the class and class level of each feat or ASI for the details section (v1.59)

Feat ASI update 1.png

However in the stat level increase section it shows the correct level when you get the stat increase
Feat ASI update 2.png

Does this make sense to everyone?

Conandar

Explorer
Have a few sodas on me!

The transfer tool does not copy the Location information on CSII, standard or customized information. Just tested it transferring a character from 1.57 to 1.58. By customized I mean one character has a Necklace of Fireballs with 5 baubles left (for lack of a better word), so in the location I put "Neck, 5 baubles".

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Have a few sodas on me!

The transfer tool does not copy the Location information on CSII, standard or customized information. Just tested it transferring a character from 1.57 to 1.58. By customized I mean one character has a Necklace of Fireballs with 5 baubles left (for lack of a better word), so in the location I put "Neck, 5 baubles".

Awesome thanks and cheers

Will look into it and fix for v1.59, should be straight forward

TwistedFaith

Explorer
Hi TF, there is a section on the Start sheet called Region but it is not referenced in the Character Sheets - I would recommend to use the Character Backstory section in CSIV to detail this

Yea I realized that you already had Region on the Start sheet. I wasn't currently looking at your Forge when I sent the post. That said it would still be nice if you could clear a little space to have Region referenced on Character Sheet I with all the other info of the like subject matter. Hell if you shortened the Character Name space by 1/4 or 1/5 smaller and lower the Font size from 22 to either 20 or 18 that should give you plenty of room for Region to be included.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Yea I realized that you already had Region on the Start sheet. I wasn't currently looking at your Forge when I sent the post. That said it would still be nice if you could clear a little space to have Region referenced on Character Sheet I with all the other info of the like subject matter. Hell if you shortened the Character Name space by 1/4 or 1/5 smaller and lower the Font size from 22 to either 20 or 18 that should give you plenty of room for Region to be included.

What if it is added to your background details in CSII? Would this be useful? It makes sense to me and looks cool - e.g.

Region.png

It only shows up if there is text in the Region cell.

I do like your idea to show a list of all regions in Forgotten Realms in a drop down list but I haven't found anything easy to work with. Any materials you have or seen that can help? This would also work with Dragonlance, Greyhawk etc but I'd like to start with Forgotten Realms

Last edited:

TwistedFaith

Explorer
What if it is added to your background details in CSII? Would this be useful? It makes sense to me and looks cool - e.g.

View attachment 70778

It only shows up if there is text in the Region cell.

I do like your idea to show a list of all regions in Forgotten Realms in a drop down list but I haven't found anything easy to work with. Any materials you have or seen that can help? This would also work with Dragonlance, Greyhawk etc but I'd like to start with Forgotten Realms

Yea it could and should be listed in your background as that adds to the character but for quick reference just look at the top of the sheet where all the other "vital" info is is also a good feature (especially when your playing 5+ games with atleast 1 character in each game).
As for a good starting point for a list of places in Faerûn you could start here for a list of Region's in Faerûn
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_regions_in_Faerûn

Last edited:

Remove ads