• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

SansMoins

Explorer
ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Not to sound like an ass, but have you used or played with Forge's CS? If you have downloaded the recent version (2.27), you will realize that the playable character races from Volo's Guide to Monsters are selectable character races in the CS.

Additionally, nothing will be added to the CS unless it has been published by WotC in a handbook, guide, manual, supplement, adventure or companion. While the tortle may have been released by WotC on dmsguild.com, doesn't mean it is in a published book.

While Forge's CS is unofficial, the material within it is official. Also, he has been very kind enough to add a custom tab, so users can add homebrew material. So, if you want to spend the $10 to get the tortle at dmsguild.com and use the custom tab to add it as a selectable character race, then by all means you are free to do that.

I cannot comment on the version he is using; however, Tortles are from “The Tortle Package,” a turtle race at was released as part of the Extra Life fundraising campaign. It is official content and is considered part of XGtE.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Tortles are from “The Tortle Package,” a turtle race at was released as per of the Extra Life fundrsing campaign. It is official and considered part of XGtE.

The way I understand it, is that the Tortle isn't in XGtE. It maybe released in a pdf companion, but as of right now it is $10 on dmsguild.com. Also, it WotC makes it sound like the tortle is a playable race for the Adventurers League. I maybe wrong.

The below link is about WotC Extra Life campaign and talks about the tortle.

http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/DnDXL2017_XGE_TOC.pdf

SansMoins

Explorer
ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

The way I understand it, is that the Tortle isn't in XGtE. It maybe released in a pdf companion, but as of right now it is $10 on dmsguild.com. Also, it WotC makes it sound like the tortle is a playable race for the Adventurers League. I maybe wrong.

The below link is about WotC Extra Life campaign and talks about the tortle.

http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/DnDXL2017_XGE_TOC.pdf

Correct. It isn’t in XGE. For AL purposes, it is *considered* part of that book (check out the AL players guide.)

They only way to get it is to pay the $10 which goes to XL. You can also get it via D&D Beyond.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Correct. It isn’t in XGE. For AL purposes, it is *considered* part of that book (check out the AL players guide.)

They only way to get it is to pay the $10 which goes to XL. You can also get it via D&D Beyond.

Then the tortle is an AL exclusive playable character race. While WotC have made it available on dmsguild.com, it isn't available in any currently published D&D 5e book or pdf companion and at least for the foreseeable future it will not be published in an official capacity (outside of AL).

Which means that that there is a better than 99% chance that it will not show up in the CS. Forged hasn't added anything from the AL to the CS (as far as I know). Now Forge may change his mind at a later date, but it is ultimately up to him, whether or not to add it.

SansMoins

Explorer
Then the tortle is an AL exclusive playable character race. While WotC have made it available on dmsguild.com, it isn't available in any currently published D&D 5e book or pdf companion and at least for the foreseeable future it will not be published in an official capacity (outside of AL).

Which means that that there is a better than 99% chance that it will not show up in the CS. Forged hasn't added anything from the AL to the CS (as far as I know). Now Forge may change his mind at a later date, but it is ultimately up to him, whether or not to add it.

This is not an AL exclusive race. Anyone can play it. *The Tortle Package* is a officially published D&D 5e pdf. The only thing it has to do with Adventure League is that it is an allowable race.

The log sheet in the back is there for AL play.

Conandar

Explorer
While I do not regularly follow the DMs Guild website as most of the content there is 3rd party and/or non-official material (and thus will not be included), I see that this tortle is indeed official and AL legal. I suspect that if somebody has this information and gives FA the details, it will be added to the program. Not knowing the details of the tortle myself, I can not say for sure, but it seems likely that you can use the custom page to add it yourself.

eainmonster

First Post
While I'm almost certain that this question has been asked before, I can't get the search to work correctly, so my apologies in advance:

Are there any plans to allow creation of custom feats?

Dannyboy7702

First Post
While I'm almost certain that this question has been asked before, I can't get the search to work correctly, so my apologies in advance:

Are there any plans to allow creation of custom feats?

No

Forged has stated in the past that custom feats will not be introduced. There is too many variables that would need to be introduce. There is an Additional Details box on the start page and manual changes to attributes and skills can be utilized instead.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
While I do not regularly follow the DMs Guild website as most of the content there is 3rd party and/or non-official material (and thus will not be included), I see that this tortle is indeed official and AL legal. I suspect that if somebody has this information and gives FA the details, it will be added to the program. Not knowing the details of the tortle myself, I can not say for sure, but it seems likely that you can use the custom page to add it yourself.

There have been official items in the past that have be approved for use in AL (which mean we can still use them in our own games). However, they are still not published in any of handbooks, guides, manuals, supplements or companions.

Items that are on the WotC D&D Adventure League website are official material. Does that mean Forged has to sift through all of that material to find what needs to be added to the CS? My opinion is no. Just stick to published material.

In the end it is Forge's decision whether or not to have material added to the CS. So, like the multi-class issue, I will support Forge's decision in this matter.

smbakeresq

Explorer
The additional weapon proficiencies isn't working correctly. Individual weapons do work. However the groups simple are martial don't populate correctly across the sheet.

Remove ads