• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Conandar

Explorer
I think I found a bug
I made a warlock/sorc multiclass and the pact spell slots show level 6. Set up with 12 in warlock and 8 7 into sorc.

On sheet 3 it shows 4-1st, 3-2nd, 3-3rd, and 2-4th from sorc, but shows pact magic having 3-6th level slots. The sorc slots are all correct, but the warlock should be level 5.

My best guess is that it has to do with the mystic arcanum. It looks like you get it showing level 7 if you make it 7sorc/13lock

It is not a bug. A 12th level Warlock does get a 6th spell (actually, at 11th level), so the program is showing 6th level as the maximum level. It is not meant to say that all of the warlock spell slots are 6th level, and that is the confusing part. A 12th level warlock gets 3 5th level spell slots (short rest refresh) + 1 6th level slot (long rest refresh)(from Mystic Arcanum), which is pricely what the program is saying, albeit in a somewhat confusing manner IMO. The whole warlock class is something of a "red-headed stepchild" class that does not fit cleanly with the rest of the classes.

Last edited:

Luis Ur

First Post
Probably a gem of knowledge hiding in the hundreds of posts, but that is fair enough, I can understand given how complicated homebrew could make things as complicated as classes are in general. Thanks for the information.

Alfred Weidner

First Post
Hi. Love the character generator.
Not sure if it's been reported. I've been playing with the 2.28Beta form, and I found a bug. After clicking the reset character, and then set up with a new Fighter, you get an error message about a a circler logic loop. Also, the last two fighter manuver options have multiple select fields.

Thanks.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
It is not a bug. A 12th level Warlock does get a 6th spell (actually, at 11th level), so the program is showing 6th level as the maximum level. It is not meant to say that all of the warlock spell slots are 6th level, and that is the confusing part. A 12th level warlock gets 3 5th level spell slots (short rest refresh) + 1 6th level slot (long rest refresh)(from Mystic Arcanum), which is pricely what the program is saying, albeit in a somewhat confusing manner IMO. The whole warlock class is something of a "red-headed stepchild" class that does not fit cleanly with the rest of the classes.

I've had a look into this and made some adjustments, if a warlock is level 11 or higher then Mystic Arcanum shows in blue and the warlock Mystic Arcanum spells will show in the spell slot boxes. Noting that a level 9th spellcaster only has a max of 5th level spells e.g. Wizard, so they shouldn't interfere will each other. Pact Magic "level" will be maxed at 5th level if Warlock is level 11 or higher. You will be able to try this in the next version

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Hi guys!

First of all, congratulations and thank you, this is a great tool that saved me countless hours building NPCs.

I've tried the beta version mainly for the new XGtoE cleric domains and I've found that both of them are somehow linked to the knowledge domain, granting extra languages and skills. Just letting you know since I didn't see any comments about it.

Thanks, yes there was a copy and paste error. fixed in the next version

Dennis A

First Post
Bug Report: Custom Spell for Bard

Only place I could find for this Bug Report
Version: 2.27
Program: Excel 2007
Sheet: Custom
Added a custom spell for the Bard class. No matter what level of the spell nor the level of the bard it will not show up on the Spellcasting sheet. If I change the spell's class to All it will show up.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Only place I could find for this Bug Report
Version: 2.27
Program: Excel 2007
Sheet: Custom
Added a custom spell for the Bard class. No matter what level of the spell nor the level of the bard it will not show up on the Spellcasting sheet. If I change the spell's class to All it will show up.

Thanks for feedback, fixed in next beta version

dorpond

Explorer
Just letting you know, in case you didn't, but while the latest beta sheet allows me to pick Xan's Bard->Swords, but that's about all it does - can't pick my fighting style and none of the proficiencies I gain are actually gained. I am sure it is just the case of 'it wasn't coded yet', but I am bringing this up because this is going to be my next character so want to make sure you guys don't accidentally miss this Bard variety :)

Thanks for everything you do!

Remove ads