Forgotten Heroes: Fang, Fist, and Song - available at RPGNow.com

JoeGKushner

First Post
Re: "Forgotten Heroes" Monk and/or Cloth Armor Proficiency:
Could they be drawing a fine distinction between Proficiency and Training?

In looking at the F.H. Druid Preview PDF, I see that they list "Weapon Proficiencies," but list "Armor Training" instead of "Armor Proficiencies" -- could this mean that they hold that the Monk possesses Cloth Armor Proficiency without having had to take specific Training to get it?
(Or am I imagining too fine a point?)

It's a good question but I don't know.

catsclaw227

First Post
I prefer the Occam's Razor explanation. They just forgot to mention that Monks are proficient with Cloth, just like every other class.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Sure. That's easily possible. But the specific reference of None as opposed to just leaving off like it was on other classes...

I take it each class has an armour training line, so do they look like this?

Armour Training: Leather
Armour Training: Leather, Hide
Armour Training: None.

Cheers!

And yet instead of being blank, under armor profiency it says "None."

That's a pretty specific call no?
Not a specific call, but a specific error. Because if you do not have cloth armour proficiency, there is no way to acquire it; there is no Armor Proficiency (Cloth) feat in the PHB. And since some powers refer to cloth armour, clearly the class is intended to be able to have such proficiency.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I take it each class has an armour training line, so do they look like this?

Armour Training: Leather
Armour Training: Leather, Hide
Armour Training: None.

Cheers!

Yes. On some of them it includes cloth, and on those it doesn't, I'd be willing to say that yeah, if you have leather, then you have cloth, but when it specifically says, "None"...

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Yes. On some of them it includes cloth, and on those it doesn't, I'd be willing to say that yeah, if you have leather, then you have cloth, but when it specifically says, "None"...

I'd say that it's a bad editing error. How many designers were there? If someone didn't realise they had to include cloth, then if you don't have proficiency in leather, hide, etc. then obviously they're proficient with "None".

Either that, or you have a lot of naked monks running around in their campaigns... :)

Cheers!

I'd say that it's a bad editing error. How many designers were there? If someone didn't realise they had to include cloth, then if you don't have proficiency in leather, hide, etc. then obviously they're proficient with "None".

Either that, or you have a lot of naked monks running around in their campaigns... :)

Cheers!

I think it was more a matter of someone saying, "Monks don't wear armor," and then listing none in their proficiency section. It is definitely an error, and one we'll be fixing in our upcoming errata.

Remove ads