Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Someone

Adventurer
Boddynock said:
As he turns to make his way out he says, "I wonder where we'll find the Hoar Suns?"

"If they found another shadow they´ll be looking for a blanket" says Nodis between coughs.

Someone

Adventurer
(Ah, so you want this to finish soon :p? I wouldn´t mind to continue and play the return to the mortalist´s hospice/monastery if I didn´t want to join Bront´s game. Would stretch too much LEW´s space-time continuum to get my character to the RDI while playing that part? We won´t get any more XP past this encounter, I believe.)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
(gah, various RL issues eating my brain! here goes the super fast brute force wrap up!)

As the heroes head back to town, they encounter a triumphant group of Hoar Suns, who have rid the countryside of several roving bands of the undead. After exchanging stories, Andrew holds a quick conference with Rainca and Susan and then speaks excitedly to the smaller group.

"If the mine and its complex was entirely abandoned and all who remained killed by the time you got there, by the general rules of commerce it was unowned. By destroying the impediments to mining, you basicly recreated it as a mine. That makes you, and by some small share ourselves if you are willing to acknowlege us as partners in this venture, the owners of the mine. I propose that Rainca and the bulk of the Hoar Suns go back and garison the mine, and I go with you into town and help document the new ownership, or sell the rights. All I would ask from you or the new owners would the right of the Hoar Suns to use the fort as a training ground and base of operations, in exchange for which we would of course continue to defend it from threats inside and out."

Back in town, while Andrew (with Artax who has some interest in remaining with the Hoar Suns) is attending to arcane matters of commerce, the rest of the group checks in with the Mortalist Apothocary, and Rurik is suprised to find a priest of Chennett adressing a small group. "....And standing before the Great Forge, the dwarf said angily, 'I was a hard working and devout follower, I honored you, why did you not save me from the lava flow?' And the Mighty Chennet looked down at him and said, 'I sent you a seer's warning, a halfling rider and an elf on a griffon! What in the name of sour ale are you doing here?!?' "

Speaking with the priest and apothocary after the meeting, Father E describes the altar and symbols to the best of his memory and the general consensous is that they represented a form of ritual magic within the capabilities of even a minor spellcaster, and sometimes attempted by those with no power but some dangerous knowlege. It seems likely that the figure on the altar either really did kill himself or allowed himself to be sacrificed to power the creation of the "haunting", but it was contained to that tunnel until it was opened by the miners.

Returning from successful negotiations, Andrew adds another piece to the puzzel - the owners of the mine before its most current occupants, who heavily built up the fort, are generally accepted to have taken ownership by force, and were not considered a nice bunch. In more current news, he has registered the mine's new ownership then promptly opened it to investors, at a total value of 12,000 gp* with a one-fourth share reserved collectively to Artax and the Hoar Suns. The other three hero's shares can either be collected in cash by waiting for a few days, or tranfered as credit to one of the Orsorus (sp?) banks that Joe at the Red Dragon trusts.

*subject to judge approval for a total reward for a well RPed and otherwise unrewarded 2 level adventure. Any remaining (expendable) resources loaned by the Mortalists can also be divided among the party.

Final battle XP, 1200 for the level 3s, 1067 for the level 4.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Is any of the priests able to cast Restoration? If so, I´m paying the 380 gps it costs from my share.

"How cool!" says Nodis. "We have our own mine. We could... er... well... mine it. Rurik, you´re a dwarf. I bet you do like to mine."

"Or maybe it´ll be better to sell it. That sounds like a lot of money"

Boddynock

First Post
Fantastic! Only 1000 XP off level 4, and three grand in the kitty. E won't know himself.

dpdx, thanks for offering the spiked chain! :D What's the rule in LEW on cost of items crafted by another PC?

'Nock

dpdx

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
Whatever the other character sells it for. ;)

Which would be nothing - it's a gift, as soon as I figure out what system/how many craft points/whatever is necessary for Rurik to make a masterwork one for Eusebius. He might even have enough money to hire the priest to throw an enchantment on it, which would be fire, if at all possible to a weaponsmith and devout follower of Chennet'.

"How cool!" says Nodis. "We have our own mine. We could... er... well... mine it. Rurik, you´re a dwarf. I bet you do like to mine."

"Or maybe it´ll be better to sell it. That sounds like a lot of money."
"What did ever do to yer what would make ye not say three kind words ta me since we met, then ask me if since I was a dwarf, would I like ta mine?

Lemme turn it round-like on ye: do ye like to work? Prolly not, eh? But it's what we all do, innit?

Garr! Powerful mind, 'cept when it come ta thinkin' with it....
"

Rurik chuckles as he hefts his pack aboard the horse.

"If it's all right with each o' ye, I'll sell my share o' that mine in favor of the full stake in me Clan's. But if ye ever need advice, ye can send a message through the assayer 'ere in town - it's me cousin, an' he'll know where to find me."

Boddynock

First Post
dpdx said:
Which would be nothing - it's a gift, as soon as I figure out what system/how many craft points/whatever is necessary for Rurik to make a masterwork one for Eusebius. He might even have enough money to hire the priest to throw an enchantment on it, which would be fire, if at all possible to a weaponsmith and devout follower of Chennet'.

"If it's all right with each o' ye, I'll sell my share o' that mine in favor of the full stake in me Clan's. But if ye ever need advice, ye can send a message through the assayer 'ere in town - it's me cousin, an' he'll know where to find me."
Wow, Eusebius will be floored when Rurik makes that gift to him - and will treasure the weapon all the more since his friend made it himself!

As to the mine, what would be the ingame benefits of not selling E's share? I figure that he could go either way - he doesn't really need the possessions, except to aid him in his battle against the undead scourge, but I'm rather taken with the idea of him actually having a share in the mine. Still, need to balance that against the fact that character progression and effectiveness generally includes the acquisition of better equipment.

So, what's the deal if he keeps his share? Are there any mechanical benefits or is it solely a RP decision?

'Nock

Remove ads