Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Someone

Adventurer
Kahuna Burger said:
Nodis gets the corpse alight and retreats, provoking an AoO (5 hp and 6 con damage.)

ooc: not wanting to be a whiner, but don´t you avoid AoOs (at least from he first square you move) when you use the withdraw action? Else, Nodis is at -2 hp.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik, who can see Nodis lapse directly in front of him, is non-plussed, and ready to throttle someone directly after these shadows hit the deck:

"ARTAX! MOVE YER VEXIN' ARSE AN' GET TER 'EALIN NODIS!"

Boddynock

First Post
dpdx said:
Rurik, who can see Nodis lapse directly in front of him, is non-plussed, and ready to throttle someone directly after these shadows hit the deck:
Now, now, dpdx - it's not Someone's fault, you know! ;)

'N

Kahuna Burger

First Post
(ooc)ACK! holiday weekend then HoMM V ate my brain.... So sorry guys.

Someone, I mentally parsed the action as Nodis taking an action to complete the fire lighting then moving away, but obviously you had a different mechanical idea in mind, which would not have provoked the AoO. I'm going to leave it as I adjucated it because it makes Nodis's fire lighting that much more heroic and besides....(ooc)

As Nodis collapses to the ground and Artax belatedly rushes forward, Rurik's final blow scatters the shadow yet again. This time though, the wisps of shadow seems to disapear entirely like mist before the rising sun as the flames on the altar completely consume the body and writing. The feeling of unease finally lifts entirely, and the tunnel becomes merely a mine shaft again and not a dark place of clinging evil.

A bit of examination shows that this is indeed the continuation of the blocked shaft and not a breakthrough into any foul underground lair.

Rurik: [sblock]looking at it from this side you are convinced that there was no natural cave-in. It looks like the tunnel was deliberately collapsed, possibly during one of the "ownership transfers" that folks had alluded to.[/sblock]

Artax quickly uses the wand to heal nodis up to his current maximum hp (which is a bit low due to the con damage.) then heals the other mightly warriors.

I'm not sure if you want a long wrapup and journey back to the red dragon visiting your mortalist friends on the way, or if you want XP and some loot and run for greener pastures. In either case thank you all for your patience and great fun. :) I'll get the final rewards sorted soon, though the exact ownership of the mine is currently up for grabs.

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis sits on the floor after being healed, feeling very dizzy. "Is it gone?" asks. "I feel cold". He shudders when getting up, and even with that little effort he feels exhausted

[ooc: Nodis Con is 4 now, lowering the HP total to 12. I´m for an epilogue, there´s an adventure for our levels recruiting in the RDI and I´d like to join it.]

dpdx

Explorer
"All right - we need ter get Nodis up to the surface. No 'fense intended, Father Eusebius, but's gonna take a a mightier cleric ta put tha blush back'n his cheeks...

I 'pologize fer yellin' at ye, Artax, but speed is o' the essence when yer man 'its the ground.

Ever'one - well done. It appears like the cave-in were done deliberate-like, an' them shadows set aloose on the mine. The good news bein' that the mine is a' the end. Should be all right fer minin' now.
"

Rurik puts his axe away, and pulls a crowbar out of his pack. Gingerly, he pokes at the altar to see if anything might have survived the fire...

[I'm for whatever type of ending you decide to put on it, KB. Rurik's going to take a few weeks off afterward, during which time whatever coin and crafting necessary to make Eusebius a masterwork spiked chain will be expended.]

Boddynock

First Post
"The Lord of Light be praised! We've done it, my friends. There is no more evil here. So let's get Nodis back to a temple for healing - or else to an inn for some well-earned rest."

Eusebius reaches his arms wide in a prodigious stretch, then claps Rurik heartily on the shoulder and Nodis more gently on the arm. Grinning at Artax, he does a little dance, unable to contain his glee at the darkness overthrown.

Suddenly, though, he stops and turns to his comrades, saying, "But who perpetrated this atrocity? And will they act again?"

Frowning again, he looks again around the cavern, and then shrugs. "Still," he says, "there is nothing more to be done here. Let us go and take a well-earned rest." Turning to Rurik he chuckles. "And perhaps a jar or two of good strong ale? A little relaxing of discipline can be helpful at times."

As he turns to make his way out he says, "I wonder where we'll find the Hoar Suns?"

Remove ads