Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Boddynock

First Post
In that case, KB, Eusebius will attack the gathering shadow.

Attack (+1 dagger, undead bane) +6, damage 1d4+2d6+4
AC 15 (touch 15) plus effects of Protection From Evil spell (that's still running for, what, another 7 rounds? So's the Bless spell - and I've just updated the attack to reflect its effect.)

Interesting! PFE gives a +2 deflection bonus against evil attacks, and a +2 resistance bonus on saves vs evil attacks. It also blocks attempts at possession. And it prevents bodily contact by summoned creatures. (All this from the spell description in PHB, p. 266.)

So does that mean that this thing, if summoned, can't touch E? That'd be cool.

'N

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sadly, it is not summoned. :p

Sorry for the delay, my mother is visiting for about a week and a half, and my ability to focus creatively is lacking.... Rurik successfully upends the table, and will soon be the target of Shadow Wrath. :uhoh:

dpdx

Explorer
[I'm pieceing together from memory the current combat, so bear with me:]

Rurik, having upended the table, redraws axe and shield and turns to face the new shadows.

"If either o' ye cannah fight the shadows with what ye 'ave, do me a favor an' set the table afire, please."

Someone

Adventurer
Holding the sunrod on his teeth, Nodis rummages in his bag, looking for flint and steel. As soon he finds them he tries to set the table on fire.

Boddynock

First Post
"Nodis, do you have oil? That may help in setting the wood alight. If not, I have some in my pack." If Nodis indicates he doesn't have any oil, Eusebius will shuck off his rucksack and hand it to Nodis. [OOC: A move equivalent action?] He then attacks the gathering shadow.

Boddynock

First Post
I'm going to be away for the next three days ('til Sunday night, Oz time). Please feel free to NPC my character as needed. Thanks.

'Nock

Someone

Adventurer
Kahuna Burger said:
Sorry for the delay, my mother is visiting for about a week and a half, and my ability to focus creatively is lacking...

ooc: Would however be great if we can finish this quickly; I believe this is the final encounter, and there are a couple adventures for our levels scheduled to start soon, so it´d be good if we could have our characters ready for them.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
OK, first round, the readied action of the contruct damages the shadow, as does brother E's blade; Nodis sucessfully makes its howl thoroughly un-intimidating, and Rurik knocks the table over.

Second round, Nodis delays until someone can give him some oil, the shadow strikes Rurik, dealing 6 damage and forcing another fort save (which he makes with typical dwarf stocism. ;) ). Brother E retrieves oil, provoking an AoO from the shadow, but he nimbly dodges it. Nodis douses the skeleton with oil and starts trying to strike sparks. Rurik slshes the shadow with his axe which again deals damage (you guys are doing really well on the miss chance, apparently invisible castle is your friend today. :) )

third round, Shadow lunges at Nodis through rurik and brother E provoking AoOs from each (which I will give them a chance to roll untill tonight.)

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis frantically strikes the flint and steel together, trying to make a spark jump. The shadow´s new interest on him means good and bad news...

Last edited:

Remove ads