• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Someone

Adventurer
(ooc: I think we´re going in the usual fashion, one after another (that makes Rurik, Eusebius, Artax, and Nodis). Seems that nobody is using the ITU potions right now.

Nodis uses his sunrod.)

Boddynock

First Post
Obedient to the spirit, if not to the letter of Rurik's command, Brother Eusebius moves silently directly behind the dwarf, longspear at the ready. He is prepared to thrust forward in case of trouble, when he will seek to impale Rurik's opponents and thus to assist his companion.

So long as there is no danger of Rurik being overrun, Eusebius holds position. If the tunnel widens out appreciably, he will move up alongside the doughty fighter and protect his flank.

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: The whole mine crawl dissapeared into the pits of the oblivion. At least Nodis is restored to level 3 again.

IIRC we were fighting the second shadow.

Boddynock

First Post
Yeah, talk about the pits! :mad:

The second shadow had just materialized, and the construct got in an attack. I posted a number of options, depending on whether Rurik, who was going to chop the table up, did so or not. Basically, Eusebius sees it as a priority to deal with the focus of these summonings.

I'll post more detail when I'm less @$*~x& ... when I'm less annoyed at the loss of the last four months' gaming.

'Nock

Conaill

First Post
Here's at least *some* of your thread:

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache...+knight+otu+judging"&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3

[sblock] Kahuna Burger

My Bookshelf

Send a message via AIM to Kahuna Burger Send a message via Yahoo to Kahuna Burger

This time the waraxe slides through the creature's wispy form without seeming to damage it at all. But on the bright side, the demoralizing effect of the scream fades away. The shadow lashes out at Rurik, passing right through his armor and shield and sending a cold pain into his shoulder (3 hp). Something about it tries to pluck at the dwarf's very life strength, but he is hardy enough to throw off its effect. (fort save against con drain made handily.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg end2.JPG (71.0 KB, 5 views)

"You may have the attitude, and you may have the power, but there's one thing you don't have, and never will. Friends. Four of them, standing behind you with big, heavy things." -Angel
Kahuna Burger is offline Reply With Quote
Kahuna Burger
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Kahuna Burger
Find More Posts by Kahuna Burger
Add Kahuna Burger to Your Buddy List
Add Kahuna Burger to your ignore list
Old 04-28-06, 07:03 AM #642
Someone

Nodis, human shaper 3. AC 14 (touch 12), HP 13/21, pp 3/17
Another construct finally appears, surrounding the shadowy form even more. The two of them and Rurik seem to have giving the shadow a hard time, as they start beating the undead crap out of it. With the last of his streght, Nodis readies to counter any other scream the thing could emit.

[ooc: Second construct appears at k-12 and attacks. Both succeed ignoring miss chance; first construct hits AC 16 and deals 6 damage. Second one rolls a natural 20 to hit, and deals max damage! (12). Rolls are here.

Nodis readies Control sound on the shadow]
Someone is offline Reply With Quote
Someone
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Someone
Find More Posts by Someone
Add Someone to Your Buddy List
Add Someone to your ignore list
Old 04-28-06, 10:30 AM #643
Boddynock

My Bookshelf
My Wishlist

"Well done, Nodis! Now we have it surrounded!"

Having besought Hyrag's blessing for the heroes of his company, Eusebius moves closer to the intangible manifestation of evil which assails them - and which may be the cause of all the sorrow which they have encountered.

As he approaches the table, he examines the corpse lying on it, seeking some clue as to the origin of the abomination they face.
Brother Eusebius in Fort Knocks
Coraine Vagrius...in Temple of Elemental Evil
Elyan Kolodah.....in The Sunless Citadel
Jostin Chenser ...in Grand Theft Equine
Kelloran............ in Night's Embrace
Nym Buckman.....in Raiders of Galath's Roost {Act 1}
Zhivko ............. in Life beneath the mask

Retired PbP Characters:
Alton Highlea..... in Halfling Quest - Rooting Around
Andarin Startoes in Turtle Soup
Dante Sef'ngal... in Of Wealth & Taste
Jimmy Masters... in Savaged Deadlands: Chapt.1 - On the Bounty Trail
Boddynock is offline Reply With Quote
Boddynock
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Boddynock
Find More Posts by Boddynock
Add Boddynock to Your Buddy List
Add Boddynock to your ignore list
Old 04-29-06, 03:46 PM #644
dpdx
King of Pelicans

[I'll leave it to KB to roll miss chance. Easier that way.]

Rurik steels himself just in time to receive the cold touch of the shadow for three damage.

"So thass what 'ell feels like...," he mutters.

As the constructs appear in position, and Eusebius moves up to join the battle, Rurik feels confident that he can at least touch the creature with his axe - whether it damages or not is an article of faith in Chennet'...

Attack round 3 (+10, +1 bless, +2 flank): (1d20+13=21, 1d10+7=12)
View Public Profile
Send a private message to dpdx
Send email to dpdx
Find More Posts by dpdx
Add dpdx to Your Buddy List
Add dpdx to your ignore list
Old 04-30-06, 10:10 PM #645
Someone

ooc: I´ve checked my rolls out of curiosity and discovered that many of them are duplicated or triplicated! Now it seems I´ve been cheating with the dice, wich isn´t true.

It happens also with other people´s rolls: Rurik´s last attack appears repated three times.

Edit: seems that the "true" roll, the one that appears when you click the "roll the dice" button is always the first in the list, so the website can still be used.
Last edited by Someone : 04-30-06 at 10:13 PM.
Someone
View Public Profile
Old 04-30-06, 11:08 PM #646
Kahuna Burger

My Bookshelf

Send a message via AIM to Kahuna Burger Send a message via Yahoo to Kahuna Burger

Rurik's axe catches the shadow's form again and it is begining to look ragged in some indefinable way. It swipes back at the dwarf but this time he is able to dodge it.

Brother E: As you pass the body you notice that there is some marks around it on the table, but you are too distracted in all the chaos to recognize any import to them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg end3.JPG (71.4 KB, 3 views)
Kahuna Burger
View Public Profile
Old 05-01-06, 12:32 AM #647
Boddynock

My Bookshelf
My Wishlist

Dagger in hand, Eusebius launches a flashing attack at the shadowy form which menaces them.

OOC:
I'll leave it to you to roll, KB.

Boddynock
View Public Profile
Old 05-01-06, 04:19 AM #648
dpdx
King of Pelicans

Rurik: 37/40, AC 18, +10/1d10+7
[re: invisible castle - I thought I said that it was repeating rolls a page ago.]

Rurik settles his nerves after the hideous keening stops, and with the others around the table, he swings again...

Attack round 4: (1d20+13=17, 1d10+7=11)
dpdx is online now Reply With Quote
dpdx
View Public Profile
Send email to dpdx
Find More Posts by dpdx
Old 05-01-06, 04:24 AM #649
Someone

ooc: What happened to the construct´s attacks last round?

Both constructs keep pummeling the undead form, and Nodis is still prepared to counter any other scream the thing could emit.

[ooc:Attack rolls construct 1 (flanking with rurik) hits AC 13, damage 6, is not affected by miss chance. Second one, flaking with Eusebius, hits AC 17, 9 damage, not affected by miss chance: Constructs attacks. Rolling miss chance undr 50 means the construct hits. (1d20+6=13, 1d8+4=6, 1d100=14, 1d20+6,1d8+4,1d100=[11, 6], [5, 4], [7])

Nodis readies again control sound]
Someone
View Public Profile
Old 05-02-06, 03:33 PM #650
Kahuna Burger

My Bookshelf

Rurik's last axe swing again catches the creature's form and it seems to shatter into scattered shadows. However, the vague sense of unease does not lift.

(continuing initiative time)
Kahuna Burger
View Public Profile
Old 05-02-06, 04:08 PM #651
Someone

Nodis enters the room as the first construct dissolve. "What was that thing, E?" asks. "I don´t like what´s going on, and I don´t think we´ve solved anything yet!" Unconsciously, he readies the other construct to charge any obvious menace.

[ooc: The last construct delays. Nodis moves 5 feet into the room and gets the psionic focus back]
Someone
View Public Profile
Old 05-03-06, 02:16 AM #652
Boddynock

My Bookshelf
My Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
Nodis enters the room as the first construct dissolve. "What was that thing, E?" asks. "I don´t like what´s going on, and I don´t think we´ve solved anything yet!" Unconsciously, he readies the other construct to charge any obvious menace.
"I'm not sure, but I feel that we are not out of danger."

Eusebius turns to examine the body on the altar more closely, trying to identify the marks which surround it.

OOC:
Knowledge (Religion) +5

Boddynock
View Public Profile
Old 05-03-06, 06:12 PM #653
Kahuna Burger

My Bookshelf

Brother E :
Spoiler:
Two things catch your attention about the body. One is that it was apparently killed by a pickaxe through the chest and it looks as if it could have been self inflicted. The second is that the marks around the table are writing, possibly in one of the fiendish languages. It's possible that this body was some sort of (self?) sacrifice.

Any actions this round from Rurik?
Kahuna Burger
View Public Profile
Old 05-03-06, 11:36 PM #654
Boddynock

My Bookshelf
My Wishlist

"This wound looks like it may have been self-inflicted. How horrible! Can anyone read these characters? They seem to be fiendish but I cannot read them."

OOC:
KB, is the pick still in the wound?

Boddynock
View Public Profile
Old 05-04-06, 12:18 AM #655
dpdx
King of Pelicans

Rurik, 37/40, +10/d10+7(x3), AC 18
Rurik blinks twice to make sure that the shadow is truly gone, then turns his attention to the figure on the table.

"May wish ta give 'im to the fire... t'would give'm a proper-like burial as he's bound ta get."

Having said that, Rurik (looks first, then) attempts to overturn the table with the body still on it, in order to chop the legs off (next round, unless combat recommences) as kindling for exactly that.
dpdx is online now Reply With Quote
dpdx
View Public Profile
Send email to dpdx
Find More Posts by dpdx
Old 05-04-06, 03:57 PM #656
Someone

"You´re kidding, E. Demons read and write? and man, I don´t know how anyone could hit himself in the chest with a pickaxe"

Nodis makes the motion with an imaginary pick. "Naa. Unless he dropped to the floor holding the pick against his chest"[/sblock]

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I never got in to see any responses to my last update before the Crash of 2006, also, my mom is visiting from kansas and this was planned as a pretty big day for us. But if I get a tactcal summary from everyone before we leave for our tourist day I will try to get things back on track.

fricka frack server.... :(

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik's down three hit points to 37 as of last count. The first shadow's gone, and Rurik was in the process of upending the table so he could burn it and the dessicated corpse on it. Then more shadows appeared, or something. I've got my XP in E-Tools at the moment, and if necessary, I can reupdate my character record.

Boddynock

First Post
So, dpdx, is Rurik going to go on with the chopping and burning? If so, Eusebius will cover his back. If not, let me know and I'll change E's moves.

'Nock

dpdx

Explorer
Well, not the burning any more, but I definitely want the round I spent upending the table to upend the table. Rurik suspects that a good dose of the Cleansing Fire o' Chennet' could vastly improve their shadow situation.

Do I need to roll a strength check, or since 18 Str should be able to lift that, can we just call it ready to burn? :)

Oh - and while I'm at it, Bruce fixed the dice roller on Invisible Castle so it doesn't roll three times. He thanked the people who told him about it. :)

Remove ads