Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Rurik's axe catches the shadow's substance, but Brother E's knife strike moves through it without effect (I've been using high hits and you didn't say either way on your roll.) Though badly damaged the shadow makes it to Nodis's side and swipes through the young psion, chilling him to the bone. (only 1 hp, but lacking a dwarven warrior's mighty fortitude, Nodis fails his save and takes 2 con drain. this is the wussiest wraith ever....)

Brother E: [sblock]From what little you have heard of the sort of ritual that was apparently used here, you suspect that the alter will need to be somehow spiritually/magicly cleansed in addition to the physical destruction.[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
Brother E's knife strike moves through it without effect (I've been using high hits and you didn't say either way on your roll.)
[SBLOCK=OOC]Not a problem - I just rolled and assumed you'd apply your normal criteria!/[/SBLOCK]
"Maledicte!" Eusebius curses as the shadowy form plunges its claws deep into Nodis' chest. The boy pales as the abomination wreaks its havoc and Eusebius is wracked by guilt at his inability to stop this thing.

But even as he draws back the dagger to swing again, he pauses. There's a doubt niggling at the back of his mind - a sense that just burning the makeshift altar won't be enough. Somehow the spiritual pollution must be cleansed as well. He briefly considers pouring holy water on the table but rejects that when he realizes that it will make Nodis' task all the more difficult. Grabbing his holy symbol, he lifts it high. Not really knowing what he is doing, Father Eusebius calls upon the holiness of the Shining One, summons that pure light of being which is anathema to all foulness and abomination. Focusing mind and heart on the refining fire of Hyrag's presence, he seeks to cleanse the mine of its vile pollution.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Try to turn undead on the altar - channelling divine energy. I seem to remember there were a variety of suggested alternative uses for turning in the various 3.0 splatbooks. Hope this will work!
CHA 12 (+1)[/SBLOCK]

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis, human psion 3, AC 14 (touch 12), HP 9/18, PP 0/17

"Eeek!" exclaims Nodis, shivering from the shadow´s contact. As soon a flame appears, he retreats into the tunnel.

[ooc: withdraw action as soon as Nodis finishes setting the corpse on fire]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
Father E, are you using the greater turning granted by the Sun domain or a normal one?
Given that a newbie will often use a sledghammer where a tack hammer would do, I'd assume he would, indeed, try a greater turning.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Nodis gets the corpse alight and retreats, provoking an AoO that makes the shadow feel much better about itself. :eek: (5 hp and 6 con damage.) Rurik misses the shadow and Father E Calls down the power of Hyrag, causing the flames to leap for a moment and shine like the sun, and the shadow to simultaneously cream in unholy rage. It hurls itself at the cleric, but he is just barely able to leap aside.

Something has indefnably changed in the tunnel, though the (at this point quite ragged) shadow remains.

Boddynock

First Post
Scenting the difference in the air, Eusebius throws back his head and laughs.

"Ha! Now we have it. Strike on, Rurik - strike it down! Blessed Hyrag brings cleansing to this place!"

Eusebius lunges at the foul creature, intent on bringing to an end its sojourn on this earth.

Attack +6, damage 1d4+2d6+4, AC 16 (including dodge).

Remove ads