• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E FOUR DOUBTs of my GAME SESSION !

maritimo80

First Post
I'm new doubts yesterday's game session. Who wants to answer, I thank you.

***** DOUBT # 1):

Situation 1) The monster and the thief stopped moving fast approaching and hidden (half drive).

Situation 2) The thief stopped hiding behind a cover that will surprise a monster that this
moving (without hidden) approaching, and will be surprised by the thief.

It's just it's just as likely the thief be hidden for the monster in both situations?

A hidden Drow jogging is even matade movement? In combat can also or only
hide moving out of combat? Would not it be fair to the disadvantage to hide?

***** DOUBT # 2):

Can I use for example the sunlight as a material component for BAN magic against a Drow? or component
must be in the magician's hand?

***** DOUBT # 3):

A black dragon creates a Light Obscured area for a few miles. A Drow in this area, but the day is affected by
sunlight, ie, have disadvantages in the attacks and abilities?

***** DOUBT # 4):

We had an epic situation at the meeting yesterday. A level of 6 Warrior was a tower and the dragon stopped fighting the enemies ebaixo it. He jumped on the dragon, and passed the check disputed against the dragon (... "the sma ller creature uses its action to make a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check Contested by the target's Dexterity (Acrobatics) check" ), grabbed the dragon, but it began flying in the air. The rule says that the dragon can use your action to try to get rid of this creature grabbing on him (... "The larger creature can dislodge the smaller creature of an Action- knocking it off, scraping it against a wall, or grabbing and it- by making a throwing Strength (Athletics) check Contested by the smaller creature's Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. the smaller creature chooses Which ability to use.). But there is a very important question ... . early in the text he says "if one creature wants to jump into another creature, it can do so by grappling", and I wonder if the Dragon not using his action, but moving in flight, making turns, pirouettes and all, if the creature that it agardada need to do some testing (contested or not) to continue clinging (advantageously eg), or if not, only if the dragon use its action to exit that can do the disputed test?

PnPgamer

Explorer
If a spell has a material component, then usually that is required.

uhhh... lightly obsucred areas only grant disadvantage on wisdom (perception) checks. nothing else. You speaking of complete darkness?

maritimo80

First Post
If a spell has a material component, then usually that is required.

uhhh... lightly obsucred areas only grant disadvantage on wisdom (perception) checks. nothing else. You speaking of complete darkness?

Lightly obsucred of Black Dragon's REGIONAL EFFECTS ... A Drow in this area, but the day is affected by

Joe Liker

First Post
Lightly obsucred of Black Dragon's REGIONAL EFFECTS ... A Drow in this area, but the day is affected by
An area that is lightly obscured due to a darkness effect is by definition NOT in direct sunlight.

So no, the drow would not be penalized while in that area.

Remove ads