• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E FR 4E SPOILER - Grand Histoy of the Realms info

TBoarder

Explorer
I picked up my copy of Grand History of the Realms over the weekend, and with all the debate that's occuring... May as well add fuel to the fire. :)

Spoilers... (highlight to read)

In 1384 DR, Tyr kills Helm in a romantic misunderstanding over the heart of Tymora. Though nothing can be proved, the gods believe that Cyric is somehow involved in Helm's death.

In 1385 DR, With help from Shar, Cyric murders Mystra in Dweomerheart, destroying the plane and Savras, as well as sending Azuth and Velsharoon into the Astral plane.

Magic bursts from the bonds of the Weave. Thousands of mages are driven insane or destroyed, and the very subsatnce of the world becomes mutable beneath the veils of azure fire that dance across the sky.

Cyric is imprisoned on his home plane for 1000 years by Tyr, Lathander, and Sune for his crimes. This event is what is known as the Spellplague

Glyfair

Explorer
For the benefit of someone who has only made cursory examinations of FR, what was the date of the FR throughout the 3E & 3.5 years?

(OK, slightly more than cursory. But not enough to know the dates.)

Fobok

First Post
Glyfair said:
For the benefit of someone who has only made cursory examinations of FR, what was the date of the FR throughout the 3E & 3.5 years?

(OK, slightly more than cursory. But not enough to know the dates.)

1372 at the start, 1375 from Expedition to Undermountain I believe.

TBoarder

Explorer
Ruin Explorer said:
The 1384 one is a joke, right? Unless they all are. The last three seem pretty plausible though.

Not a joke... It's a bit more complicated that what I put down here though. I didn't include the political reasons behind the romance, just showing the final results and the hints of
Cyric's
involvement with it.

Glyfair

Explorer
Fobok said:
1372 at the start, 1375 from Expedition to Undermountain I believe.

So that puts the "10 year jump" at the last event*. So it seems 4E play will start just as this is "hitting the fan."

* Spoiler tags in a thread with a spoiler seems like overkill, doesn't it?)

Remove ads